Clear 'bubble',

Zoom lens (4-6x ok),

Internal easily removable memory card (I perfer SD),

Stand along operation, doesn't have to be tied to a system,

Programmable record times & duration (at least 12 hrs),

1080p, but 720p is probably fine,

Nightime use, but no IR's unless defeatable,

HD-TVI, no wireless or 'IP'.

The stand along is paramount where it will record either continuously over at least 12 hours, or take 'stills' every (say) 10 seconds. This won't be tied into an existing analog system (that are only cameras, not recorder).

If & when a occurrence happens, I can reach the camera body to remove the card to xfer to a PC for a printout.

I started looking around and it seems IP dominates the market. I see some do have internal memory, but it looks like they have to be tied into a IP system. I can supply separate power ok as this will be under a front porch facing the front lawn which is around 30' x 30'.

Input?

simplest solution would be to just get a game camera. Takes pictures when motion is detected and stores on an internal memory card.

https://www.amazon.com/XIKEZAN-Wildlife-Hunting-Activated-Infrared/dp/B01N0J1EZ3/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1495466296&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=game+camera&psc=1

also be aware that cameras only capture what has already occured. Nothing beats locks, gates, fences, physical barriers.

If a camera has an SD slot, it doesnt need to be attached to a system, thats the point of an SD slot, so no reason not to get IP. You can get away with no IR if you have enough light in the area. Lastly, why do you want zoom function? How will you use zoom if the camera isnt connected to anything?

No idea what a "game camera" was until I clicked on your link, but I would of known what a wildlife camera was.

Interesting, but that would never blend in where it would be placed by a long shot. The house trim is white.

It's not practicable for a fence for numerous reasons and it wouldn't of stopped what happened.

The zoom function is for initial setup. Once set, it's done. I would access the camera directly by pulling the card if there was a need to do so. This supplements an existing analog camera which has no DVR (not that, that would matter).

Hi. Your only option is IP. IP cameras don't have to be on a network to record to SD. (Only needed for setup)

Your looking for tvi with SD card ...... They don't exist

Dahua cvi are bringing one out this year.

Tvi is all done at dvr end ........ Cvi is camera end

There are no TVI cameras with internal memory???

There is no point even making a tvi sd cam

Tvi is only the format

And needs the dvr to do the decoding

If dvr is not needed and a camera with sd card is all that is needed..... then why need cam to be tvi

Using IP with sd is what you need

Then how is a IP camera different? It's still another 'format' (for lack of a better term) since it needs electronics to convert that signal to something that is recordable??

There is no point even making a tvi sd cam
Yes there is. First, for the reason I'm looking for this; recording from a single camera, separate from any other camera(s) as in stand alone.

And, when I upgrade, I plan on using TVI. Using a IP camera would be a waste.

UP cameras are overrated, too many issues with them. As long as the DVR has a IP connection, remote access is there. Correct me if I am wrong, but when one access a IP camera it's done thru the DVR, correct? You don't go directly to the camera bypassing the DVR, correct?

typically an IP camera is accessed through the NVR but its not a requirement. You can connect an IP camera to your network and simply type in the IP address to see the camera. You can even see the camera remotely, without an NVR. Essentially IP camears are speaking the same language as your computer network whereas TVI cameras are not.

Im not sure how IP cameras are over rated or what the many problems are. They are pretty much plug and play these days, just like cameras that use coaxial cable. For a new install, they are the way to go.

I have seen plenty of posts of connectivity issues and I'm not referring to wireless. My point was and is, you don't need IP cameras to access them remotely as long as you have a DVR, or NVR if you prefer.

I have seen plenty of posts of connectivity issues and I'm not referring to wireless. My point was and is, you don't need IP cameras to access them remotely as long as you have a DVR, or NVR if you prefer.

You may see posts on wan problems

Ip cam - cable - nvr .... is the same as tvi cam - cable - dvr.

No internet involvement

How are you going to power your camera

Separate power feed from a nearby outlet (something I normally don't do, but I need this to be separate from the existing analog cameras).

If you're planning on upgrading the system in the future to include further cameras and a DVR then why not purchase the DVR and a single camera at this stage and then just add the additional cameras later on down the line.

I know many people are great advocates of IP cameras and will say they are "plug and play". There are many more issues than that - I speak to people on an almost daily basis who are fed up with their IP equipment and just want the connection between the Camera and the DVR. I won't derail the thread any further however.