Sign in to follow this  
Domm29

Zxtech camera's Failing. Need a New POE solution

Hi all ,

I bought a ZX tech POE camera kit from eBay in March 2015.

This consisted of 4 x Zxtech premio 2.43MP 1080PS 40M & 1 ZXtech NVR.

Over the last 3 months or so one of the camera's kept dropping off and needing a restart. Finally its dropped off altogether and died so i replaced it with this camera :

https://domar.com/monstervisionc-zxtech-2-43-megapixel-2mp-60m-nightvision-varifocal-lens-ip66-cctv-bullet-ip-p2p-camera-mci281o6.html This seems to be working ok. for the last 2 months of owning it.

Yesterday another camera did the exact same thing , Ive spoke with Domar who have told me to just Replace the camera rather than try to get it repaired. There warranty service isnt the best as ive had to have one repaired under warranty before. To access the cameras you can only do this on Internet explorer using an Active X plugin . Therefore cannot look at the camera's on mac. The App "FreeIP" is terrible it rarely ever works.

Basically im wondering if i should sell the full system and replace it with maybe a Hikvision system ? The Quality on the ZXtech system is great its just they're not very reliable at all..

They're only going on my house and not looking to spend a fortune i understand im working with the bottom end of the market. Or do you think i should just cut my losses and buy another Monstercam (The one linked above) Can someone suggest a similarly priced system to replace my current system . Must be POE as all the cabling is in place.

Thanks in advance.