Sign in to follow this  
Pugy365

Getting Lines in CCTV Image - Diebold B/W 24v AC Cameras

Hello,

I'm getting these lines in the CCTV video that shows up on a few cameras. I first suspected it was the camera themselves, but I've swapped one out to test with one of the same model from a different location, and still get the same result.

Is this an issue with my wiring? Or is it electrical interference of some kind?

I also run both AC and DC cameras on my system majority being 24v AC B/W Diebolds connected into a 24v AC distribution box.

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated. I ran all the coax/power cable for the cameras myself, and any pointers to what could be causing this would help out a lot.

Thank you,

Nathaniel

824190510_ShopCCTV.PNG.f0aa24d47ebb2d2c9d9ec6b956022b86.PNG

looks like a ground loop which could be caused by any number of things

I suggest you disconnect all but one camera from the power and see if that clears the problem. I would then start adding cameras in one at a time to see if it is a bad camera causeing the issue. If you have a separate wall wart power supply use that to test as well. when we do 24v ac cameras we usually use an isolated power supply so interference from one bad camera will not spread across to the others. read up on some other posts relating to this and look at some general info on the net which will do a better job explaining. Or I could be completely wrong!

These were taken at night, without any lights on, its the easiest to see like this, though its still there during the day with normal lighting as well. This is a storage building and I access the cameras remotely. I will try to get some more pics with lights on. Thanks for the responses. I tried to do some research myself as well, and read about ground loops but wanted someone who has more knowledge than I do to take a look. This is a new install, that I've done myself. Ill update with some more pics, and I will try disconnecting one camera at a time.

Take the cameras off the coax & see if the problem is still there. If it is (my guess) then your interference is getting in on the coax. Being an AC (balanced) power feed it is unlikely (but not impossible) to be an earth loop.

Are the cameras at the mounting point isolated from any building metal structure?