Sign in to follow this  
Blake101

HD-TVI cameras

I am piecing together a security system with some great help. But I need some more input on who has a good selection of HD-TVI cameras. I still need about 6 or 7 more cameras. I bought 5 different cameras to try out last month, so I could decide which ones I liked. Well the two that I like, one is discontinued and the other one went up in price, so I need to find something else. Any suggestions on where to look?

What exactly is it that you want each of the cameras to do. You need a supplier to spend a bit of time with you and go through what you want each of your cameras to do.

That is what we do - we spend time with our customers and offer no obligation advice to help people out with selecting their security cameras to give them the best system possible. If you'd like to book in a time to have a chat on the phone then don't hesitate to get in touch either through the PM system here or on the website - the address is my username (without the space) followed by .com.

Look forward to hearing from you!

Tom - you seem to have a bit of a problem with me. One may think you are following me around the forum!

We have already covered this on the other thread - my products are not overpriced in comparison to my direct competitors. You may be able to buy some cheap stuff from Amazon/eBay/AliExpress or similar however we all know the issues that brings.

As I said in my other post on this thread is that any advice offered is on a completely no obligation, no pressure basis. I am passionate about security cameras and try to help as many people as I can.

WHAT makes you think you can conduct business on the forum.

Look at how many members there are ..... then look at how many have businesses......... are they giving advice or help free

YOUR taking people off forum to your website for sales

You have a tvi dome on your site $120. ....... I know it's over priced

Your just in sales

Anyone have anymore suggestion. Don't really won't to talk to anyone, I like to look with no pressure.

Anyone have anymore suggestion. Don't really won't to talk to anyone, I like to look with no pressure.

The problem with security cameras is that there isn't a one-size-fits-all solution in terms of the best camera for any situation. The camera that you require to see long distances away, say 150 feet, is very different to that of a camera to look at a door way 20 feet away. I would recommend cameras with varifocal lenses as it allows you to adjust the angle of view to ensure you view exactly what you need and no more - not wasting pixels on unnecessary areas but instead concentrating the pixels on the key areas giving you the best chance of making an identification.

That's not to say general overview cameras don't have a place in a security camera system, however you are unlikely to get identifying images.

Any security camera you look at should have some guidance as to over what distance you'll be able to identify people over. Use that as a guideline, but don't make the mistake a lot of people do in assuming that the IR distance is the identification distance of a camera...I don't want you to be disappointed.

Good luck!

WHAT makes you think you can conduct business on the forum.

Look at how many members there are ..... then look at how many have businesses......... are they giving advice or help free

YOUR taking people off forum to your website for sales

You have a tvi dome on your site $120. ....... I know it's over priced

Your just in sales

Tom - I apologize if I give the impression of trying to conduct business on a forum. That is not the case and is not my intention. I live and breathe CCTV - 7 days a week. It is something I am passionate about - I am sitting here writing this whilst eating my lunch! I have also spent (and continue to spend) an awful lot of time helping people who don't spend a bean with me. I also do not expect or push a single customer of mine to spend any money. I spent time helping out people in geographic markets that I don't even sell to - this forum was recently brought to my attention by a customer.

These types of discussions don't benefit the community at all and in fact just end up putting people off the forum. If you have a personal problem with me, I am more than happy to receive your PM.

Again, on the pricing topic that you raise again, I come back to the fact that the products I sell are better value than my direct competitors.

Can someone send me a P.M. on where to look for some decent priced cameras hd tvi cameras.

Hi. Where are you located

Most cameras now are hybrid ... tvi cvi AHD 960h

Past few weeks we have been using the hik tvi 10x zoom mini ptz which are the size of your hand and priced well

Turret tvi have come way down in price