tekworldinc

Interference issues?

Good day,

I am working on a camera issue for one of my computer customers. I replaced both bnc connectors and the camera checks out fine. I don't see anything wrong with the cable line either. Is there an interference issue? There is some electrical conduit and lights very nearby this camera. It's mounted to a thick wooden store front sign. I want to look into all options before I replace the wire.

SNAPSHOT_20170615_091649.BMP

Thanks in advance for your help.

I tested the camera on the existing power supply. I just disco'd the coax and hooked it up to my mini cam viewer and the picture was clear as a bell.

Some information as to what type of cable is being used would help. SMPS are a possible source of interference as are fluro lights if the cable is run colse to them

BUT is it copper or copper clad steel/aluminium?? Also what sort of coverage does the shielding provide ??

The only difference with plenum cable is the non combustable insulation so that wont help.

Not sure about that. Im just going to change the cable and use mine. I just didn't want to replace the cable and that not be the problem.

Thanks.

I'm wondering if the existing cable is the thin pre-made stuff that comes with pre-packaged kits. If it is then most likely it is NOT RG59 at all but simply a screened (not shielded) audio cable. The fact that it has BNCs on the ends doesn't mean it is RG59 coax. As a CCTV proffessional I will give this bit of advice. The coax run is usually the most labour intensive part of the job. Cheap cables may or may not give satisfactory results. You can scrimp on the other parts but NOT the cable as it takes to much time/effort to replace it.

Just to re-iterate ----->

It is RG59 & NOT RG6 or RG58

It is copper conductor /shield and NOT copper clad steel/aluminium

It is woven shielding and NOT wrapped foil

can you clarify on these three questions

In that case there is not much you can do cable wise. I would be looking for external sources of interference that the cable is running close to like fluoro lights , high power switching power supplies , sodium lamps, refridgeration units, RF transmitters etc

I viewed the camera (standing on a ladder right next to it) with my wrist monitor and it was clear. The interference wouldn't effect it the same way?

I viewed the camera (standing on a ladder right next to it) with my wrist monitor and it was clear. The interference wouldn't effect it the same way?

Not if your plugged directly into the camera when the interference is entering via the coax run.

So as I thought, replacing the coax wouldn't make a difference? The interference could affect a new cable. Is there a device to locate interference?