Sign in to follow this  
adamg1992

Hard choice - Opinions?

I've had three standard cameras from Ebay which was cheap I think I paid like £80 for it with the DVR. The DVR broke and I'm constantly nagged by the police for footage of the car park outside my home which one of my cameras point to due to my car being parked there.

I've decided to op into a PTZ camera, however I am unsure on which one would benefit me in the long run.

For this instance, we have the Reolink PTZ POE 4 Megapixels HD 2560x1440 4X zoom vs the Floureon BT-54F 1080P 18x zoom PTZ camera.

The latter is approximately half the price of the Reolink however I'm unsure on its quality as there isn't many reviews out there.

Ideally I would choose the Floureon due to money, I can afford the Reolink, its just I don't know if its worth it for the extra £100 in price?

Any thoughts?

Links Below.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01M9INH7E/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A2FL1GMTOP9AZL&psc=1

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01AL5PPXK/ref=cm_sw_r_fa_dp_t2_tXztzbGPWTFBZ

The thing to remember about a PTZ camera, PTZ is only beneficial if someone is going to monitor the camera and utilize PTZ features. Otherwise, just buy a camera with a fixed lens that is appropriate for your distance. You can also buy cameras with variable lens that you manually change. So you set it up once and leave it. PTZ is nice, but as you see, it makes the camera alot more expensive.

Yeah, my car parks in different spots depending on where everyone else parks. I also wanted a PTZ due to the fact that I can change its recording positions whenever needed. During the days I will have it pointing in the front garden towards the front door and at night time to the car park.