syzy27

Need Help Choosing a CCTV System

So, I have a budget around $250 and I would like to upgrade my Security Camera System. Right now I have a completely trash setup with 8 Funlux IP Cameras which have a resolution of 960H (I found out this is completely horrible) and a 1TB DVR with eh software. How can I upgrade my system to a better quality system?

Right now I already heard about Hikvision and was considering to purchase it however, I can't find a place to buy with some prices. And I'm afraid that those Chinese Sites may be some knockoffs. Please help me out if there is any Hikvision Systems that are sold in the United States.

$250 is not much. for a good IP system. I'd say save up for a while. How many cameras are you wanting? 8?

I need Six Cameras. Well does it have to be IP? I can always sacrifice for quality.

If you already have an IP system in place, that means you already have the cabling for IP, which is a good thing. Save up until you can afford something like this

https://www.lorextechnology.com/hd-ip-security-camera-system/hd-security-camera-system-with-2k-recorder-weatherproof-cameras/LN10802-84W-1-p

Well if I'm going to spend around $700 then is a 4k Camera System worth the upgrade ?

If you already have an IP system in place, that means you already have the cabling for IP, which is a good thing. Save up until you can afford something like this

https://www.lorextechnology.com/hd-ip-security-camera-system/hd-security-camera-system-with-2k-recorder-weatherproof-cameras/LN10802-84W-1-p

Im going to wait a few months maybe around November I'll get a full decked out 4k Setup with 6 cameras. Do you believe its worth it for $2000 will if last me like 15 years ?

While you are saving for a system, do a google search for Hikvision Ultra Low Light camera demos or Dahua Starlight demos. They are affordable cameras with excellent night vision. They are not 4k though.

When buying Hikvision cameras from Chinese vendors, when you see in their add don't update the firmware, that is one way to avoid lower quality cameras. They are made for China market cameras with hacked firmware. It is always a risk to buy these, but you can save money. Even if they honor a warranty, it costs a lot to send it back.

While you are saving for a system, do a google search for Hikvision Ultra Low Light camera demos or Dahua Starlight demos. They are affordable cameras with excellent night vision. They are not 4k though.

When buying Hikvision cameras from Chinese vendors, when you see in their add don't update the firmware, that is one way to avoid lower quality cameras. They are made for China market cameras with hacked firmware. It is always a risk to buy these, but you can save money. Even if they honor a warranty, it costs a lot to send it back.

Always wanted to buy these Hikvision Cameras but where is a safe place to purchase them?? I cant find them as a full kit on Amazon or eBay

I don't believe the Starlight and Ultra low lights are in kits yet. Here is a store for Dahua that has a good reputation.

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/1200032?spm=2114.10010108.0.0.tRHAKC

welp.... thanks for the help finding a good source to buy Dahua Security Cameras. Although, it may be a better quality camera I'm still going to stick with the 4K Lorex since it can be bought with more convenience. Plus if I ever have a problem I can never get a refund.

Hi lorex is the dahua system .... buying from China will give you a headache

Thanks for understanding. I guess my next purchase will be a full decked out Lorex 4K System thanks for the help guys! Anyways what about the Q See 4K Cameras?

Hi lorex is the dahua system .... buying from China will give you a headache

Thanks for understanding. I guess my next purchase will be a full decked out Lorex 4K System thanks for the help guys! Anyways what about the Q See 4K Cameras?

Hi. Qsee 4K are also dahua ... however lorex are newer models and you get more software options

If buying from China worries you, B&H Photo has Hikvision and Dahua cameras, with a good warranty, but you pay through the nose.

I view it as if I need 6 cameras, buy 7 or 8 and still be ahead of the game money wise. If there is a failure, you already have the replacement. With decent quality cameras, the failure rate should be low.

Both hik and dahua have changed there systems for China copy and gray market. They will not work with gen dahua with there new security in place.

China might be cheap ....... But no warranty no back up ..... No software updates ....... So that's a waste of money

Just a quick search.......... And none are dahua

image.thumb.jpeg.7de3e8dd31a70d893fe257d02c9ff9a5.jpeg

If buying from China worries you, B&H Photo has Hikvision and Dahua cameras, with a good warranty, but you pay through the nose.

I view it as if I need 6 cameras, buy 7 or 8 and still be ahead of the game money wise. If there is a failure, you already have the replacement. With decent quality cameras, the failure rate should be low.

Okay I guess it will be worth checking Dahua cameras from there? Do they provide Accidental Protections or Replacement Insurances?

Okay I guess it will be worth checking Dahua cameras from there? Do they provide Accidental Protections or Replacement Insurances?

Also I checked B&H I bought stuff from them a while ago and had a good experience the Dahua Cameras are very expensive making my setup around $1.3k ish do these things ever come on sale or they retail for that price and there's no markdowns.