bxdobs

CPT-FTD366DN Question

This camera has been in service for several years at a club house and with most clubs no one seems to know where the manual(s) have disappeared to.

At issue; under normal operations the camera continuously rotates through an approximate 4 minute scan routine ... the problem is after the last 2 power outages plus my powering down the camera to clean it today, the camera does not appear to either be doing a HOME reference on power up OR is not referencing this location properly which results in the scanning becoming randomly skewed ... the scanning is consistent with what is was programmed to do but the stop points are no longer correct. ie the first stop point might be North 0 degrees at 75 degrees horizontal ... after power up today this first stop was North North East 30 degrees at 40 degrees Horizontal with all subsequent points skewed by the same amount

I pulled the dome cover off and manually moved the servos to approximate the expected stop locations and the camera is now currently working the way expected ... at least until the next power outage.

Looking for suggestions ... is this camera toast? the website for this camera doesn't appear to be available so perhaps the manufacture of this particular camera may be history. www.capturecctv.com

if someone knows where I can find a user/program manual that would be greatly appreciated.

Note: I noticed that the NSEW (360) servo has an infrared sensor but the UP/Down servo only appears to use a SCREW to stop both the top and bottom range so not sure how this camera actually references a home position.

We currently use a DM DV4 DVR but the Remote PTZ Keyboard wasn't supplied with the camera or DVR so not certain how this camera was originally programmed