Sign in to follow this  
howuduin

Dahua ptz ip cam has mic built in, will it work over ip?

Hello,

I have a Dahua ptz ip cam with a built in mic, but it also has wires for a mic and speaker. I can't seem to find any info on whether or not the mic will work over ip. It's hooked up to my Q-See nvr and everything else is working fine.

There are settings on my nvr to enable a mic and I have enabled them. I can even see my nvr as a device on my computer's sound settings. I don't know if it should work or if I need to run extra wires from the cam to the nvr?

Thanks for any info.

Hey, Thanks for the info and the link! I'll get a mic then.

I really do like the camera, but I wish the user interface was more user friendly, intuitive and customize-able.

The camera does have wires coming out of it for speaker and mic, but I suppose that is for controlling the audio through the camera software. The specs and instructions were vague about the sound.

I got looking at that mic and realized it has connectors but my camera doesn't.

My camera has 3 wires for sound (yellow, red and black), 2 wires for power, and of course the network connector.

I am assuming that the yellow and black wire are for the microphone, and since I am using poe, I do not have a separate power wire to the camera.

Can I wire a connector to the camera to plug the mic into and then tap into the poe for the camera power?

Maybe there's a ready made connector I can purchase, I can't seem to find one.

Edit: I found this power splitter. Will this work along with a connector for the mic? https://www.amazon.com/Super-Power-Supply-Ethernet-Wireless/dp/B01BFOOIW0/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1501887465&sr=1-2&keywords=Power+Over+Ethernet+POE+Splitter+12V+2A+POE+Adapter+For+IP