ccater1

Lorex Quality Question

Hi,

Newbie here. I've been doing some reading and it looks like Lorex is now making quality products (found threads from a few years ago stating they are junk, basically). Can any of you confirm this?

I've installed some of the cheaper Q-see and Night Owl systems and I'm not happy with them as I seem to have trouble with them every couple of months or so at two of our locations. It's just time consuming, and I have other things to do than keep replacing cameras and resetting the system (I'm in facilities maintenance, and we cover roughly 80 buildings, spread out over 31 counties).

Anyhow, looking to upgrade to a more reliable system, and it looks like Lorex is affiliated with FLIR, and FLIR makes good products.

What would work well for a monitor? Would a small LED tv make a good monitor?

Thanks in advance,

Casey

Any monitor or TV will work fine. As far as size goes, it all depends how you are going to use it. There is no "best", its whatever fits your needs.

Any monitor or TV will work fine. As far as size goes, it all depends how you are going to use it. There is no "best", its whatever fits your needs.

Good deal, thanks. Do you have an opinion on Lorex camera systems? Or other brands for that matter that you may have experience with and are of good quality and mostly trouble free? No need for internet connectivity or wireless video transmission.

Thanks

Hi. Lorex is a good option .... lorex years ago were just a basic own system which was not that good ... but since the flir takeover and flir having a full dahua build licence it's been good.

Which system format are you looking at ... coax or cat5

Hi. Lorex is a good option .... lorex years ago were just a basic own system which was not that good ... but since the flir takeover and flir having a full dahua build licence it's been good.

Which system format are you looking at ... coax or cat5

Excellent, thanks! I'm looking at coax for this particular location because we currently have two camera's installed over our fuel pumps at this location, and we have already sawed asphalt and ran RG59 inside 3/4" or 1" conduit several years ago. Length of run to both of these camera's is probably roughly 200', and we installed 120 vac receptacles on the underside of the roof over the fuel pump island. So each camera has its own power supply, and the power supply is less than 10' from each camera.

The other 2 camera's are installed on the side of metal building. I'm considering an 8 camera system, but mostly to have spare camera's as I'm still used to having to replace camera's often, but hopefully we won't have that issue with a Lorex system. Do you have a specific system you would recommend for our setup?

We don't need the system to connect to an internet network or anything, and I'm skeptical about a wireless video transmission setup.

Thanks again for your time,

Casey