RickyGee

Dahua HFW3300C bricked - still pings, can't login

Got a new firmware file from the supplier and it bricked my HFW3300C camera. Did the update because I could no longer get a video picture through the web interface for aiming/focusing. The camera still pings at its assigned IP address, but I cannot login to upload the original .bin file. Tried all the login options, and port 3800, no joy. Config tool can't find the camera automatically, even though it pings.

Any trick to get the camera to take a new upload, or to login? Thanks guys.

BTW, I've read the tips and tricks for unbricking a Dahua camera and found it very helpful and informative, but the procedures offered don't work in my case. The port scanner showed only port 23 still open, and I tried logging in, or upgrading using that port address, and now port 23 wont show up on the scanner....sigh...heading backwards. I may be toast, since using some of the other tools is probably beyond my capability. I can still ping, though, so I haven't lost all hope yet.

You could try SmartPSS from the Dahua site. Last I checked, there was a new version and an older version. My Dahua camera only works with the older version, for some reason, so try 'em both.

Another option would be try ONVIF device manager 2.250 from Sourceforge and see if it can see your camera.

Thanks for the tips. Neither PSS nor SmartPSS could find the camera on the network, yet the camera will ping properly at its IP address. I now have no open ports reporting from the camera, so using port 3800 for the upgrade doesn't work either. I'll check out the other tools you suggested, and thanks again. For all the hours I've spent already on this camera I probably could have bought a new one.... but I want to learn how to fix my mistake, if I made one. With all the people complaining about firmware upgrades on Dahua products, I might need to fix others in the future.

No joy...tried the ONVIF manager, and it can't see the camera either. The camera still pings at the previously assigned IP, the IR radiators are on, so it's not totally dead. But the port scanner is now not detecting ANY ports open. Anyone have a link to a good procedure to follow for serial access via terminal? Or is that wishful thinking on my part....?

BTW - I also tried the reset button, which is supposed to reset the camera to factory default settings and it must not be working either, since it is not resetting the IP address of the camera to the factory default of 192.168.1.108. It still pings at it's assigned address which was changed to 192.168.1.11