HotelGuest

HOTEL Camera on TV

Just stayed at a hotel and looked like they had a camera mounted to the TV. When asked about it, they said it was a relay for the DirectTV remote and was hooked into the receiver, yet the lead from this device ran past the receiver and directly into the wall. Is it a camera or the relay they stated? Thanks in advance for all responses.

IMG_6880.JPG.97d932ab65de7ac6ba0ab8b324d9c6b8.JPG

IMG_6882.JPG.33cd53f412429f0a0344468dc56040c0.JPG

It is an IR receiver, with what looks like chewing gum, or epoxy used to mount it to the TV.

I'm going to go out on a limb here, and guess you are staying at an independent non-franchised hotel.

IR.jpg.e81ca85ce53b4e17293f8f648d21ea56.jpg

Yes. It's a brand hotel, but independently owned. Your picture looks like what was in the room. What didn't make sense to me was the RC Jack was not plugged locally into the DT Receiver, but ran into the wall with all the other cabling.

You are probably correct. It just looked like a camera and if one searches Google for "hotel camera photos tv". The devices appear similar. In today's world, you just never know. Never thought they were peaking, but did see it as a security measure if they needed to look back at what might have happened in a room. Many thanks for your thoughts.

All I can tell you is that I am pretty sure that noone would want to watch a film of me in any of the hotel rooms I've stayed at recently.

Snore snore snore... boring!!!