Sign in to follow this  
fsales15

Lines moving through video

Hello,

I was just part of a CCTV install and I'm having trouble with lines moving through the video on the Monitor.

I am using HD-TVI cameras along with HD-TVI DVR's, the cameras are using 12V power supply via the Cat5e cable and an HD-TVI balun. The cameras then connect to an HD-TVI balun bar and an RG59 jumper into the DVR. I have tried replacing the Baluns, BNC connectors on jumper cables, and connecting a balun directly into the DVR and still have the issue with lines in the video. I am not sure if the issue is not using 24v power supplies, or if HD-TVI is best with RG59 all around. Any help would be appreciated, thank you!

Hello,

I was just part of a CCTV install and I'm having trouble with lines moving through the video on the Monitor.

I am using HD-TVI cameras along with HD-TVI DVR's, the cameras are using 12V power supply via the Cat5e cable and an HD-TVI balun. The cameras then connect to an HD-TVI balun bar and an RG59 jumper into the DVR. I have tried replacing the Baluns, BNC connectors on jumper cables, and connecting a balun directly into the DVR and still have the issue with lines in the video. I am not sure if the issue is not using 24v power supplies, or if HD-TVI is best with RG59 all around. Any help would be appreciated, thank you!

What is the distance from power supply to the camera? Over longer distances I have had lines, especially if the cables run near other power sources. We stopped using baluns and cat5 for power because the results were not worth the headache. We only use siamese coax on non IP systems now.

Hello,

What is the distance from power supply to the camera? Over longer distances I have had lines, especially if the cables run near other power sources. We stopped using baluns and cat5 for power because the results were not worth the headache. We only use siamese coax on non IP systems now.

The distances vary but the longest run is 100', there is one connected about 5' away and still having lines. I will definitely be suggesting no longer using Cat5 for power.