Sign in to follow this  
hmorneau

HIKvision vs Dahua for outside (winter -30C)

Hi,

I'm trying to find an IP camera for outside and I live in Canada where the weather reach -30C in the winter. I was interested in the HIKvision DS-2CD2145F-IS but it seems like the lowest operating temp is -10C. Dahua seems to have model that goes down to -30C.

What is your recommendation? What would happen to the camera when it goes below -10C?

Thank you.

Hi,

I'm trying to find an IP camera for outside and I live in Canada where the weather reach -30C in the winter. I was interested in the HIKvision DS-2CD2145F-IS but it seems like the lowest operating temp is -10C. Dahua seems to have model that goes down to -30C.

What is your recommendation? What would happen to the camera when it goes below -10C?

Thank you.

I am in Canada too

and I have tons of HIK turrets working below -30C

I am in Alberta

Hi,

Thank you.

I am in Canada QC and I have 2 Hick and 2 Dahua until many years and never have any problem...

Hi,

Thanks for the info. I'm trying to find them at a good price. Here a local dealer sell them at 300$, on aliexpress you can get them at 85$ and on newegg.ca at 120$ (ship from HK). I'm also reading about that some a "grey market" and they are Chinese market and that you can have menu in Chinese (which is not an issue, I have someone who read it) and that for whatever reason there is no upgrade for those grey market camera. Is it true or it's just scare tactic so they can sell you the same camera with a 215$ profit?

Also I'm looking at Costco, they seems to have Swannn, Q-See, and Lorex, do you recommend any of these brand?

I plan to use IP camera (PoE) and plug it to my server and run a software like Sighthound (my server is powerful enough to run analytics)

Thanks for the help, it's really appreciated.

Stay away from those Costco brand cameras. Lorex is garbage rebranded Dahua, so is Q-see. Consumer grade equipment isn’t designed to last, it is designed to fail so that you have to buy new equipment periodically. I would go with hikvision, but you really don’t need to pay so much for it. I usually pay about $175.00 per 4.1MP turret dome with matrix IR and 130ft night vision with a 3 year warranty. It’s good equipment, you can’t really go wrong with it.

Stay away from those Costco brand cameras. Lorex is garbage rebranded Dahua, so is Q-see. Consumer grade equipment isn’t designed to last, it is designed to fail so that you have to buy new equipment periodically. I would go with hikvision, but you really don’t need to pay so much for it. I usually pay about $175.00 per 4.1MP turret dome with matrix IR and 130ft night vision with a 3 year warranty. It’s good equipment, you can’t really go wrong with it.

See wrong information again lorex is not rebrand dahua

https://ipvm.com/reports/flir-dahua-back

Maybe you should stop peddling your garbage here and stop making false claims.

Read that again and you might understand it better

And I don’t peddle..... for home diy lorex is still a good product and safe to buy rarther than taking the chance on eBay and likes with cheap no name china junk or copy

The only peddler is you ....... $75 a hour ..... look back on the forum and tell me we’re you see anyone try to charge for there help....... your new and on many of your posts you want the op to contact you...... again looking for buisiness.

So next time don’t call me a peddler....... I understand like many good members on here our time is free and like being part of the forum

Not choose Hikvision cameras in only Chinese version. hikvision only sell Chinese version to China. and mutil languages one not to China. this to protect their market.

one of my customer ordered hikvision Ezviz in Chinese. and problems comes that Chinese version need a Chinese No to register......

If you choose, buy hikvision multi langues one.

and PS: lorex did do oem from dahua. this is true.