Sign in to follow this  
Saigyn

Dip Switch Settings

I have taken over a project from a previous tech and he left a mixed box of cameras. I have been able to identify and obtain the manuals for all the cameras except for 1 and I am hoping someone here can help me out. The camera appears to be a generic ebay Chinese knockoff. I have contacted several of the sellers of the camera, but nobody has replied yet. All I really need are the dip switch settings or the manual so I can add it to the main NVR. I hooked it up to my test NVR and was unable to get the PTZ function to work even through trial and error.

On ebay its advertised as a "SONY CMOS 1200TVL HD Pan/Tilt Outdoor 30X Zoom PTZ IR Dome CCTV Camera IR-CUT." It doesn't have a startup diagnostic screen like some cameras do which is disappointing.

Dips 1 and 4 are on which is how I found the camera.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

20171006_140410.thumb.jpg.98965c1a3bb21c33d1706ab7321d7454.jpg

20171006_140454.thumb.jpg.4512c718fbf1adf76b8cd27bfe033db9.jpg

Hello. Dip switches on PTZ cameras can be used to set the camera address. The NVR would have to know the camera address in order to control it. Switch 1 plus 4 could mean an address of 9. Dip switches 8 and above might control the baud rate. Beyond that, I would look for a manual using the specific model number on the camera to try and illuminate exactly what the dip switches do.