slimcubby

Need advice on these cameras and help with new system

Hi everyone,

I hope this is the right section to post this in. I need help putting together a surveillance system for my home. I am looking to add 3 Hikvision PoE cameras with either NVR or DVR (not sure what I need there). Below is the camera I was planning to purchase. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01EN3YBZ4/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A199YF6E60TM59&psc=1

Did you read the reviews?

"Product advertised as (US Version) but notice in the package from Seller states they "get these products from special channels...Hikvision only supports the products through large distributors" and "do not seek technical support from Hikvision USA" In other words, these is a gray market product with no manufacturers warranty."

I read that but I can buy these cameras from B&H photo online and they are authorized. Doesn’t answer my question on whether or not these are good cameras for a home system.

Yes, Hikvision makes good cameras. From that buyer they may be "hacked" to English cameras with firmware that may not be upgradeable, and/or you may not have much of a warranty. But you can save some money, possibly enough to buy an extra camera for a spare and still be ahead of the game.

If night vision is important, look at the Hikvision ultra low light cameras, they cost a little more but worth it.

http://overseas.hikvision.com/us/distributionPartner.aspx?c_kind=43&c_kind2=45&c_kind3=56

It looks like it is a genuine US version. I believe hikvision does not warranty the cameras, the seller/distributer does. Some sellers will tell you not to update the camera, that is one tipoff that it is a "hacked" camera.

You can find a list of approved distributers sellers at the Hikvision site. It is somewhat confusing.

Yes I checkeck this link. It is a good product. Security camcorder installation is the chief thing that the common man must be aware of. But many times it has been seen that they do not have the knowledge of what to buy from the market. With the development of the modern technology in every aspect of life cameras that work for the security of the home also developed in a new way. You can visit “Titathink” online shop. I am using Outdoor waterproof camera of this online shop.

Yes I checkeck this link. It is a good product. Security camcorder installation is the chief thing that the common man must be aware of. But many times it has been seen that they do not have the knowledge of what to buy from the market. With the development of the modern technology in every aspect of life cameras that work for the security of the home also developed in a new way. You can visit “Titathink” online shop. I am using Outdoor waterproof camera of this online shop.

Buy a security camcorder....

Spammers don’t even have a clue on what they sell

Your company name says so much about you