brunor99

Lorex NVR

My Lorex NVR, model #LNR 280 just crapped out. Won't connect to internet. I need a new NVR but I want to keep the cameras. Is there a system (preferably a Hikvision) that will work with the Lorex cameras? The model of the cameras is MCNB2153. I called Lorex several times and they're trying to sell me a new system. I now hate Lorex but I paid $1000 for the cameras and can't buy a whole new system right now. 1080p POE network bullet camera, POE 7w/12V DC, Power consumption 12V DC 350ma. Please help

I was thinking about going with Lorex. Did you ever get a replacement camera. What are your thoughts on Lorex Security Camera Systems? I would like qulity for night vision and read Lorex may have this. I am also checking out BackStreet Survellance. They are rated A+ where Lorex is rated F on the Better Business Burea (BBB).

- Mike -

I was thinking about going with Lorex. Did you ever get a replacement camera. What are your thoughts on Lorex Security Camera Systems? I would like qulity for night vision and read Lorex may have this. I am also checking out BackStreet Survellance. They are rated A+ where Lorex is rated F on the Better Business Burea (BBB).

- Mike -

Why does his demos show 90% dahua ....... and then put same equipment down with lorex name .... guy has no clue.

Guy lives in a dream world if he thinks he is better than flir.

Just because he sticks a badge on cameras and recorders does not mean he manufactures them. Better than flir yet he manufactures nothing and sells dahua

Tom I have to ask about the reply you posted to understand what you are saying?

Backstreet Surveillance and their product videos? (I am not familiar with these guys and I have not seen their videos)

the confusion is around your statements -

"his demos show 90% dahua ....... and then put same equipment down with Lorex name"

"Guy lives in a dream world if he thinks he is better than Flir."

just checking - you are aware that all Lorex product and most of the non thermal Flir gear is manufactured by Dahua right? Lorex and Flir put their "badge" on Dahua gear.

and

"Better than flir yet he manufactures nothing and sells dahua"

Lorex manufacturers nothing and rebrands Dahua - Flir rebrands Dahua white label cameras for their video security product line (non-thermal)

as I read your reply to Travelerusa40 I think you are telling him that Backstreet is less a company because they use white label Dauha as their product line? Lorex and Flir are superior product due to them cranking out cameras manufactured by them at their respective factories?

am I reading this wrong?

Tom I have to ask about the reply you posted to understand what you are saying?

Backstreet Surveillance and their product videos? (I am not familiar with these guys and I have not seen their videos)

the confusion is around your statements -

"his demos show 90% dahua ....... and then put same equipment down with Lorex name"

"Guy lives in a dream world if he thinks he is better than Flir."

just checking - you are aware that all Lorex product and most of the non thermal Flir gear is manufactured by Dahua right? Lorex and Flir put their "badge" on Dahua gear.

and

"Better than flir yet he manufactures nothing and sells dahua"

Lorex manufacturers nothing and rebrands Dahua - Flir rebrands Dahua white label cameras for their video security product line (non-thermal)

as I read your reply to Travelerusa40 I think you are telling him that Backstreet is less a company because they use white label Dauha as their product line? Lorex and Flir are superior product due to them cranking out cameras manufactured by them at their respective factories?

am I reading this wrong?

Yes your reading it wrong ........ Lorex makes nothing ??? Same with flir ???

When a spammer comes on and gives his backstreet manufacturing crap he will get crap back ..........and my key argument is he manufactures........... No he does not he rebrands

Old post but Lorex uses Dahua.

Tried to upload the pic showing all the cams made by Dahua and the ones for Hikvision.

Hik

https://ipvm.com/reports/hik-oems-dir

Dahua

https://ipvm.com/reports/dahua-oem

No that is not the case

Lorex is 100% owned by dahua ........ Flir had the build licence 2016 to 2018 from dahua ....... Passed that on to lorex and now lorex is dahua