Sign in to follow this  
Philinator

No Playback on dahua IPC after several hours

Hi guys,

this is my first post in this forum. Let me introduce myself: my Name is Phil, im from Germany and have about 7 years experience in CCTV. Until today, I solved a lot of problems, but this time it's a bit strange actually and I could not find any fitting problems yet.

After changing my old Foscam-cams, I now got 6 Dahua IPC-HFW2221RP-ZS-IRE6. They work fine, so far. Theres only one problem.

I record on 6 128GB Noname-SD-Cards, 1 in every cam, as you can think. When I format the card and reboot the cam, everything works fine for several hours. After that, the recording keeps going (which I can see in the window for the HD-Management), but I am not able to get the clips. Neither in the Interface, nor over the SmartPSS. Log of the cam is empty so far, no specific errors.

Did one of you have an similiar issue?

Best regards

Phil

Hello. I have three suggestions. My first suggestion is to reformat the SD card. A second suggestion is to find a disk utility that can recover unreadable data and if a defect is detected under the troubled data, that location should be marked bad to prevent future use. My last suggestion would be to replace the SD cards.

Hi,

thanks for your response. Actually, it looks like I found the error. Its as obvious as embarrasing for me .

The cards have a very low writing speed, which makes them to crash after the cam cant buffer the video anymore.

I reduced the Video settings and now it works for far more hours than it did the last weeks.