Sign in to follow this  
DJman

Camera Filter IR or Something Else

Hello all

I have a PIR hidden cctv cmos camera in the basement and an external 30 IR Illuminator.

The camera can see in the dark like any other cctv camera with ir leds

Today I received a "same"( as I thought) camera, which I had bought from ebay 1 month ago.

The problem is that the new camera can not see in the dark.I thought it had an ir cutter so i removed the filter from the cmos sensor. Now the camera sees in the dark but the picture is purple!!!

Like this video(random video)

I don't understand.How one camera sees in the dark fine(black and white) and the other one sees purple.

It must be something with the ir filter but I am not sure what. What filter does the old camera use?

Thank you

So, you removed the filter and the video is purple? Put the filter back on and see if it corrects.

One common reason for purple video is a stuck ir cut filter. Sometimes tapping on the side of camera will fix that. Or try manually switching between day and night to "jar" it loose.

So, you removed the filter and the video is purple? Put the filter back on and see if it corrects.

One common reason for purple video is a stuck ir cut filter. Sometimes tapping on the side of camera will fix that. Or try manually switching between day and night to "jar" it loose.

Hi! Thank you for replying.

My filter isn't mechanical, so I don't think taping the sensor or the camera will correct the problem

If I put the filter back on, the camera won't see in the dark at all.(that's why I removed the filter)