Sign in to follow this  
bmw1999m3

Cams flicker & look weird.. but only at certain time of day?

I have 12 cameras hooked up, all with ground loop isolators and baluns. Quality is magnificent, except for some reason around 7-8 in the morning, several cameras produce a flickering, artifact-riddled picture on my screen. I have swapped out baluns, GLIs, cameras, and wires to try to figure out what the culprit is. I even powered the cams up with their own power supplies to rule out ground loops and low power levels. Can't figure it out. Does anyone know why this is happening? Thanks.

Since your using baluns am I correct in saying you have analogue cameras running over UTP. If so are you using HD cameras and what type (CVI , TVI , SDI , AHD etc). Is your DVR standard def , HD or hybrid. Is it a new install or existing & has it ever worked problem free. Information is good , give more.

This happens every day in my system. The cameras that point due east, then the southeast cams, then the south cams, shifting to the southwest, ending up in the west... Like they are following the path of something. Possibly an intense light source.

Hmmmm, in the northern hemisphere in the winter, what rises in the east crosses the southern sky and sets in the west...I'm stupified.

Are these cameras installed on a conductive body? Might be interference from nearby solar panels or something