mbaril

Let it snow

Good morning, I have a swann system NVW-480 with 4 Wifi cameras.I got it set up to send emails. After the first snow fall last night, I got 45 emails... on each pictures , you can see the snow flake coming down like a white stripe which trigger the alarm. I have the sensitivity to LOW. Stream type to Fluent, Resolution to Q720P (the only one available) Frame rate at 6 and max bitrate at 192. Any suggestions?

1987604319_swanncamera1.thumb.jpg.965d6297f0820b6a4b06860361765434.jpg

Hi. There is nothing you can do

Motion direct from camera view is none controllable.......... If your recorder has alarm inputs you could use a PIR for detection

Motion direct from camera view is none controllable.......... If your recorder has alarm inputs you could use a PIR for detection

Thanks Tom, can you explain what is a PIR?

Thanks Tom, can you explain what is a PIR?

Hope you don't mind me jumping in here: PIR (Passive Infrared Sensor) is a device that detects infra red radiation emitted by or reflected from objects like animals, humans or anything that emits infrared. It's infrared wavelengths that the PIR detects. Heat energy emits infrared wavelengths and the PIR detects these. It's not the heat but the infrared wavelengths that the heat emits that the PIR detects. When a PIR detects a change in the surroundings such as an increase in infrared wavelengths it triggers the PIR output voltage which triggers the detection. So a human walking in front of a PIR sensor will emit infrared wavelengths that trigger the PIR sensor detection.

You could possibly use a PIR sensor secured in a location to detect movement that could in turn set off alarms, turn on lights etc. I may be possible to use a PIR for alarms rather than the cameras. Others on here will have far better knowledge regarding PIR's and CCTV than me.