Sign in to follow this  
55 Telecaster

Hikvision US or Non US

Hello everyone. I"m looking to get a security camera system for a new vacation house. I have looked at a few and decided to choose the Hikvision. They were reasonably priced and seemed to offer more features. I was curious if there was any difference between buying an international, English, or USA camera or NVR. Most cameras on Amazon are not USA (where I'm from) but

they are a little less expensive. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Also, I really don't know if these cameras are any good or not. considering a few DS-2CD2142FWD-I or IS and a few 5 mp.

Thanks

Hello everyone. I"m looking to get a security camera system for a new vacation house. I have looked at a few and decided to choose the Hikvision. They were reasonably priced and seemed to offer more features. I was curious if there was any difference between buying an international, English, or USA camera or NVR. Most cameras on Amazon are not USA (where I'm from) but

they are a little less expensive. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Also, I really don't know if these cameras are any good or not. considering a few DS-2CD2142FWD-I or IS and a few 5 mp.

Thanks

Where are you located? LTS has several offices throughout the US and they sell rebranded Hikvision. They will sell directly to the public if you walk in to buy.

Hi. If you are set on hikvision I would also stick with a genuine USA dealer.

But as there cameras ar good there NVRs are not the best choice.

I would also look at flir systems (dahua) and with it being for a vacation home I would also look at cloud backup which is offered free from flir ......always have 2 days of backup in case recorder is stolen

Thank you all. I'm in New York, Long Island ( don't usually tell many because everyone hates New Yorkers). I will also look at the Dahua NVR. Are their cameras as good as the Hik? I guess you have to buy their cameras to get free cloud service. I will also stick to US products rather than gray market.

Thank you

Steve

Thank you all. I'm in New York, Long Island ( don't usually tell many because everyone hates New Yorkers). I will also look at the Dahua NVR. Are their cameras as good as the Hik? I guess you have to buy their cameras to get free cloud service. I will also stick to US products rather than gray market.

Thank you

Steve

Steve,

I've put in a few hundred LTS systems. They are in Port Washington (near Manhasset). The stuff just works, you won't need support really. If something doesn't work just bring it back and they'll exchange it. Send me a PM if you have any questions.

Again buy true hikvision

Hik are changing software to stop gray and in authorised oem.

You only have to look on the forum lately to see people are loosing connection to vms ..... and also there remote service .... for a vocation home the last thing you need is the system down and you know nothing about it.

Dahua or hikvision...... we use dahua flir . More reliable than hik ... there cloud service is America based making it more secure

But as your diy installer it’s not just about the camera make as your not going to see any difference it’s about what the product can do.

Vacation home cloud service is something that will benefit you with not always being there. Always two days of backup footage is there if anything happends

I'm in New York, Long Island

Doesn't B&H have a brick and mortar store in NY? They are a legit Hikvision and Dahua dealer.

Edited by Guest

Again buy true hikvision

You only have to look on the forum lately to see people are loosing connection to vms ..... and also there remote service .... for a vocation home the last thing you need is the system down and you know nothing about it.

Dahua or hikvision...... we use dahua flir . More reliable than hik ... there cloud service is America based making it more secure

But as your diy installer it’s not just about the camera make as your not going to see any difference it’s about what the product can do.

Vacation home cloud service is something that will benefit you with not always being there. Always two days of backup footage is there if anything happends

LTS is an authorized Hik distributor if you want to buy Hik labeled items they have them as well. They are about 25% more expensive than their LTS branded cameras. At least do a google search of their site.

Again buy true hikvision

LTS is an authorized Hik distributor if you want to buy Hik labeled items they have them as well. They are about 25% more expensive than their LTS branded cameras. At least do a google search of their site.

Oem your right cheaper than hik .... but there not hik.

It like I said it’s not about sales it’s about value and system that is right for the install .

LTS does not offer cloud and for a vacation home which is empty cloud is a extra security value