Sign in to follow this  
Last_One

Computar Lens (V10Z1618MS) with Litton connected to WV-BP142

Just bought this setup and it all appears to work but I can't power up and control the Computar Lens it uses a 9 PIN (Serial Style connection) which I'm assuming was connected to a control box. (Wasn't included in sale)

I know the Lens is discontinued but does anyone know of any 3rd party or actual controller that would work with this lens? I also know someone could roll their own with the pin out but I prefer not have to go through that if possible. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Guest

Hi. It depends on how you want to control it.

20 year old cam .... You need something with old serial connector or a Manchester box to be able to have protocol

It would be cheaper and easier to make you own push button switch.

It's ok buying the old stuff cheap ....... But costs a lot to be able to run on modern equipment.

Serial to USB and find a programme to control is also another option. Something like moxa. But is it worth it

It will be mounted on a tripod, Just need a way to control the lens from what I can tell the 9 pin connector actually has all the pins mapped including power so I don't think serial to PC is the answer..

Your right I might end up having to take that route eventually. I've added a image of a control box from another sold lens on ebay for a similar model but unfortunately they didn't name this controller.

computar.png.1f0a53ec2aa8b274578332e59bde6c7f.png

cap1.jpg.675b2fa89c9636bef1ed312b03f5ed5a.jpg

Hi. Well at least you have a controller

You will need a 8 to 10v power supply as your not using serial

If you have the pin out for serial you can chop connectors off lens and do it that way