Sign in to follow this  
mcbink

Compatible zoom camera for Swann 4750 DVR

Hi all new here and new to CCTV Systems so please bear with me.

I recently purchased a Swann 4750 DVR (8 Channel) with 6 swann T858 3Megapixel cameras and am looking to add a zoom camera for night use that can zoom in and have clarity at 60ft.

The system I have used coaxial cable and BNC connectors with a separate 12V DC supply for the cameras. It can record at 3M but can only record at 3M if the fps are set at 8. I normally set the frame rate at 12fps which sets the recording resolution at 1080P

The system uses a two wire RJ45 input for controlling PTZ functions and BNC for video. The DVR is switchable between AHD and TVI for each channel.

Q:

Does anyone know of a compatible camera that I can buy giving me approximately up to 22mm lens zoom so I can zoom in on my car at 60ft and still obtain good definition at night?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Mark

Hi we’re are you located ?

Tvi can also control PTZ over the coax

Suffolk. UK

I did buy a Swann SWPRO 1080P HD Zoom Camera. It was rated at 1080P, 4x optical zoom and used the RJ45 input for controlling the zoom. I still have the camera but it's grainy in night vision mode so I really want something a bit better as that's when I would like the zoom to come in. The Cameras that came with the DVR are fine at night, just not got the range.