DavidH

Hikvision DS-2CD2185FWD-IS any good?

Guys,

About to replace my Dahua DH-IPC-HFW3301CP 3-12mm cameras as the 3mp resolution is not good enough and I have always struggled to get them really well focused.

I am thinking of HIKVISION DS-2CD2185FWD-IS does anyone own use or even supply these? (I am in the UK)

I have noticed I can get them pretty cheap on aliexpress for as low as £91.64 delivered what do you guys think?

Any issues with these 4k cameras that anyone knows of?

Thanks

David

I am thinking of HIKVISION DS-2CD2185FWD-IS does anyone own use or even supply these? (I am in the UK)

I have noticed I can get them pretty cheap on aliexpress for as low as £91.64 delivered what do you guys think?

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIADJR5R26929&cm_re=DS-2CD2185FWD-IS_2.8mm-_-2P0-0016-00207-_-Product

The camera I received is world edition and keeps the English user interface after firmware update. The seller is not from the HikVision authorized list so my camera is not supported directly by the HikVision support team but it is not a big deal for me. The price (with 10% discount and free shipping) was worth it.

It is very good for day and night videos/images.

My configuration is:

Resolution 3840x2160

Bitrate Max 8192 Kbps (Variable)

Frame Rate 20 fps

I-Frame Interval 10

Video Encoding H.265+

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIADJR5R26929&cm_re=DS-2CD2185FWD-IS_2.8mm-_-2P0-0016-00207-_-Product

The camera I received is world edition and keeps the English user interface after firmware update. The seller is not from the HikVision authorized list so my camera is not supported directly by the HikVision support team but it is not a big deal for me. The price (with 10% discount and free shipping) was worth it.

It is very good for day and night videos/images.

My configuration is:

Resolution 3840x2160

Bitrate Max 8192 Kbps (Variable)

Frame Rate 20 fps

I-Frame Interval 10

Video Encoding H.265+

Not a good idea to buy a hik copy you will have problems and waste money

Thanks for the info danBBB glad to hear it works well. It is a genuine HIKVISION you have bought though just not from an authorised dealer or is it an actual copy like tomcctv says?