Sign in to follow this  
andy4inferno

Adding Smoke Detector to DVR for Remote monitoring?

I am wondering if I can connect a wired Smoke Detector or Intrusion detector to my DVR or not to be monitored by Central Monitoring stations?

Hi. Yes if your recorder has alarm inputs.

Can you list the type of recorder you have

heyy...thankx for the reply.Actually I am working to establish a monitoring station where I can monitor different type of alarms/Sensors and CCTV Cameras.........Here in India,we generally don't use alarm panels in our security systems.So I was wondering if I could connect all the sensors to the DVR which is always present in any CCTV monitored place.This will make the service affordable too.

So,is it possible ?

heyy...thankx for the reply.Actually I am working to establish a monitoring station where I can monitor different type of alarms/Sensors and CCTV Cameras.........Here in India,we generally don't use alarm panels in our security systems.So I was wondering if I could connect all the sensors to the DVR which is always present in any CCTV monitored place.This will make the service affordable too.

So,is it possible ?

Yes it's possible only needs alarm inputs on recorders. Some have none some only two some you add a I/O board.

But that is the old way ...... We have been using IP smoke and alarm detectors for a few years

I am looking for something that is not costly and ip based sensors require alarm panels to operate.That's why I am looking for a way to integrate smoke and other sensors to the DVR.Can you please suggest the procedure.

I am looking for something that is not costly and ip based sensors require alarm panels to operate.That's why I am looking for a way to integrate smoke and other sensors to the DVR.Can you please suggest the procedure.

Hi. You don't need alarm panel for IP sensors .... Just connect to network

To connect to dvr you will need a 12v supply and detector with alarm output.