Sign in to follow this  
anon001

Mobile DVR Security Camcorder: How to improve quality?

Hi,

I'm owning a DVR Security Camcorder. But on nights the quality is not very good and there are "strips" on the picture. How can I improve the quality on night? For example with "infared lamps or emitters"

Here's the link for this:

https://www.rapidonline.com/osram-matched-t1-frac34-infrared-emitter-and-detector-pairs-29406

Does it really improve and you have another tips for improving the quality and removing the "strips"?????

Hi,

I'm owning a DVR Security Camcorder. But on nights the quality is not very good and there are "strips" on the picture. How can I improve the quality on night? For example with "infared lamps or emitters"

https://www.rapidonline.com/osram-matched-t1-frac34-infrared-emitter-and-detector-pairs-29406

Does it really improve and you have another tips for improving the quality and removing the "strips"?????

Hi. What do you mean dvr camcorder??

We need to know camera type you have

Hi,

Hi,

it's this https://amcrest.com/qcam-qsd-481-hidden-camera-419.html.

It has got night mode and automatic switching, which is okay, but there are a lot of stripes in the night. How can i improve?

Hi,

Hi,

it's this https://amcrest.com/qcam-qsd-481-hidden-camera-419.html.

It has got night mode and automatic switching, which is okay, but there are a lot of stripes in the night. How can i improve?

Hi. More junk from amcrest....... you can’t do anything with that at all .... your link to IR will not work or do anything.

I know it’s not what you want to hear ...... but all you have bought is a very cheap nasty dash cam ...... you see them in gas / petrol stations everywhere for $25.

I guess you have this looking out of a window ? As it is not weather proof even amcrest says outdoor use .... even says hidden camera

Don’t waste any more money on it.

E371B693-B6AA-4509-A4E6-04EC25FE2222.jpeg.65d97383144f9fcaea118f9bcc8258a4.jpeg

Sir,

I'm sorry, but this cam is the only one, which can only do that, what I want to intend.. I want to do some DIY (Do it yourself) with the camera. Perhaps it's possible to do so or I could perhaps light the IR lamps with or something else.

I just need to know a way to 'improve' the night light without light. And the only possibility I see is "IR". Do you know of another way, instead of IR???

Adding IR will not work with that camera. No cut filter or a lens filter.

And your link are the wrong ir s anyway.

Buy yourself a cctv camera with ir and built in SD card

Hi Tom,

I'm saying, that I'm ready to do some modifications. The CCTV Cameras are to big and are very visible.

I've look into this matter about half year of research and only found this.

I found some links to improve quality, but I need to be 100 %, if this or something else works....

Or what about these illuminators

Hi. Still will not work ........ Listen to the video at beginning ........ Your camera must be IR sensitive ............yours is not ........you can put 1000 of them up but you will not get IR light .......your camera can't see it........sensor is no good.

You can't do anything with a dash cam

Hi. Still will not work ........ Listen to the video at beginning ........ Your camera must be IR sensitive ............yours is not ........you can put 1000 of them up but you will not get IR light .......your camera can't see it........sensor is no good.

You can't do anything with a dash cam

Just a question: I read the manual and so on. I could not find if this model was ir blocking or ir sensitiv camera. You have some other information, which sensor is used?

Sorry I can only put it this was ........ Stop messing around with junk...... You have a $10 camera and you want to protect your car.

One thing you can try but I don't think it will work ...... But you can buy them from Amazon tap cam and see what happends.

https://goo.gl/images/W5J7WE

Sorry I can only put it this was ........ Stop messing around with junk...... You have a $10 camera and you want to protect your car.

One thing you can try but I don't think it will work ...... But you can buy them from Amazon tap cam and see what happends.

First of all, please tell me, what kind of sensor is used so I can check it.

I'm so sorry, but I paid 90 bugs and I don't want to protect my car..... And this is really getting trolly, if you ask me...

I cannot understand people like you. The rasperry pi with a cheap cam is able to do so (of course handwork is needed), but a professional camera isn't able to do with some modification???

For the Administrators, please do, what you have to do.

PS: For your information, today sensors are not very expensive like it has used to be. Iphones are made 50 USD in China and getting sold 1000 Dollar. Belive me, today electronical parts are the less expensive things, only costy thing are licences or delivery.

I'm so sorry, but I paid 90 bugs and I don't want to protect my car..... And this is really getting trolly, if you ask me...

I cannot understand people like you. The rasperry pi with a cheap cam is able to do so (of course handwork is needed), but a professional camera isn't able to do with some modification???

PS: For your information, today sensors are not very expensive like it has used to be. Iphones are made 50 USD in China and getting sold 1000 Dollar. Belive me, today electronical parts are the less expensive things, only costy thing are licences or delivery.

PS: Magic never works.

PS: Magic never works.

Please don't think you cheap cam has anything like a iPhone camera .

If you can install a better sensor and a lens do it ....... But to save you all the messing about why not just install a PIR light where cam is located ........ Better image than IR and image will be in colour. Something like this from Costco

image.thumb.jpeg.4672f8f1c59e343da5fdca53504f563b.jpeg

Admins, you know what you have to do with this trolley.

It's ok it will stay up.

You come on for advice .......... You don't like what you hear.

Even down to surgesting using external lighting to help you don't accept.

You buy crap yet you want better from your crap

Your not using a IP raspberry....... Your not using iPhone cam

You paid $90 for something that's all over eBay for $20

There is still one born everyday

It's ok it will stay up.

I just asked "If there's a way to improve night light?" You can answer "NO" and get your way. You still can't tell me, which sensor is used in the camera. If I know the sensor (the 20 usd crap) I can know, if it is IR blocking or sensitive.

It's ok it will stay up.

I just asked "If there's a way to improve night light?" You can answer "NO" and get your way. You still can't tell me, which sensor is used in the camera. If I know the sensor (the 20 usd crap) I can know, if it is IR blocking or sensitive.

I did not answer no on how to improve night vision ........ Did you not read the post on adding the light from Costco.?

Does your little camera have IR fitted now ?? Answer is no ..... So why would a cut filter be added

You seam to be taking offence to the reply ....... Where if you looked at it as help

Let's go back to your camera ....... IR or not .....say your looking into your garden and someone walked around your garden at night. You would have to sit and watch that footage from your SD card you would have to watch it all....... So if you recorded 8 hours you would have to watch 8 hours to see if anything happend....... You have no way of detecting motion.

Adding the light with PIR I listed gives you an indication of movement in your garden and it will make it much easier for you when looking back on your SD card ....as you are only interested in footage were the light comes on (seen in your footage) also saves you watching 8 hours