bentech

PTZ Homing position BOSCH Serie 600

I believe Preset 1 can become the Home position if you set it as the preset to go to after a period of inactivity.

SET 1, 99, enter

will program the current position as Preset 1

Then you can go into the PTZ Setup menu and set the camera to move to Preset 1 after a period of inactivity.

The period of inactivity is also set from the PTZ Setup menu.

I've always used a joystick to do the programming. A dvr might work but it would have to be connected via the serial port using the correct Bosch protocol to bring up the menu and commands which will appear on the ptz cameras video screen.

Yes but you will have to send the 485 commands using the Philips/Bosch communications protocol (Bi-phase). Pelco protocol is available but I think it has to be enabled first. The only way to enable it is via the Philips/Bosch protocol.

ok , tks !

Let s say I move the cam to the orientation that I want as HOME POSITION , what is the command to use to save it ?

SET 1, 99, enter

will program the current position as Preset 1

But the SET command is a button on the joystick control box.

Then you can go into the on screen PTZ Setup menu and set the camera to move to Preset 1 after a period of inactivity.

The period of inactivity is also set from the PTZ Setup menu. This effectively sets Preset 1 as Home since the camera will return to this position after the user stops moving the camera to other positions. It should also go to this position after initial power up.

But to get into the on screen menu you use the joystick control box to send:

OFF-90-ENTER then ON-46-ENTER to bring up the on screen menu.

If you figure out how to do all of this without using the Philips/Bosch joystick controller, be sure to let us know.