Sign in to follow this  
titin0595

Wireless mouse

Not sure this will work for your application/NVR, but I purchased a Monoprice USB via RJ45 extender and used it with a 35ft CAT6 cable and it works perfectly with the included mouse on my new GW3216E NVR. I then also tested a basic Logitech M185 wireless mouse and connected its receiver to the Monoprice extender and am able to get perfect functionality from it also another 12ft away from where its receiver is sitting. This works perfect for me to drop the mouse from my remote NVR location to my living room where I have a live feed from the cameras on at all times and can then use the wireless mouse to open a feed to full screen while never getting out of my rocker chair LOL. Both available on Amazon and there were reasons I selected these two pieces of hardware so not sure others will work.

Not sure this will work for your application/NVR, but I purchased a Monoprice USB via RJ45 extender and used it with a 35ft CAT6 cable and it works perfectly with the included mouse on my new GW3216E NVR. I then also tested a basic Logitech M185 wireless mouse and connected its receiver to the Monoprice extender and am able to get perfect functionality from it also another 12ft away from where its receiver is sitting. This works perfect for me to drop the mouse from my remote NVR location to my living room where I have a live feed from the cameras on at all times and can then use the wireless mouse to open a feed to full screen while never getting out of my rocker chair LOL. Both available on Amazon and there were reasons I selected these two pieces of hardware so not sure others will work.

I read this reply and thought I'd try it on a similar basis with my Swann 4750 DVR.........NOT WORKED FOR ME!

I have been using a USB extender cable with a Asus mouse and had good results. The USB extension cable was purchased by recommendation for the distance I required. This works ok with the Asus mouse but fails when I use the supplied Swann mouse.

I tried using the Logitec 185 attached to the end of my USB extension cable with no luck, the pointer just stopped working. I then re-set the DVR and plugged the Logitec receiver directly into the DVR and agian the pointer just froze. Each time I had to turn off the DVR to bring things back to normal.

I guess this wireless mouse might work for some systems but obviously not for others.