Sign in to follow this  
kinsey

Ptz camera will not work proper.

I have just fitted a new ptz and having a problem, daytime works fine everything is great as soon as dusk falls ptz will not move up down left and right but zoom in and out works. I have have tried all kinds to fix it. Next morning when it gets light enough everything is fine again it has 8 IR led's 4 each side. Even on the software it will not move on a night. Any advice please.

Hi. What power do you have going to your camera

How long is cable run

What type of cable are you using

It's 12v 4A for power : Shotgun cable power video and data wires. 30m run.

This is details of the cable I am using.

Length: 30M

Colour: white

Inner conductor: pure copper

Outside: PVC

Conductor: copper wire

Line diameter: 6.0 * 4.0mm

Connector: BNC + DC + terminal

Material: 75-3 coaxial + 48 shield + 0.5 square power supply

Wire Details

Conductor all use oxygen-free copper wire, video 75-3 coaxial line, the main power supply 0.5-0.75 square two-core power cord, small power 0.3 square two core line, line diameter 6.0 * 4.0mm, the new green rubber compound. With anti-high temperature, flame retardant, oil and other characteristics.

1, Conductor: 6.0 * 4.0mm line diameter, high temperature, flame retardant, oil and other characteristics.

2, Insulation: enhanced transmission signal, attenuation, small impedance.

3, Aluminum foil: to prevent external strong signal interference, video transmission to achieve the best.

4, Jacket: the new high-quality PVC compound. Resistant to wear, to prevent oxidation.

5, The terminal: nickel, to prevent oxidation, good contact, plug in more than 100,000 times.

Hi. Does the PTZ have a power option of 12 or 24v

No sorry it don't just DC12v+10% 50w.

Like I said at the start bud it works fine until it changes over to night mode.

Hi. Yes I understand your post ........ Your camera will need more power to run at night than in the day time.

Which is why I ask about your cables and power supply.

Your power supply is not good enough for 50w (that will be its max in night mode)

You need to change to at the least 12v 5amp or higher.

You need basic 4.7 You power supply is only 4amp

Hi. Yes I understand your post ........ Your camera will need more power to run at night than in the day time.

Your power supply is not good enough for 50w (that will be its max in night mode)

I will have to order one in, this power supply came with the camera I have.

I will give it a try.

Many thanks Tom cctv cheers bud.

New power supply came today but it's still doing the same thing with this one. The only time it will move is when I turn the leds off soon as they come on or are turned back on it will not move up or down left or right.

Hi. That still sounds like a power problem

50w at that distance is 4.7 ..... Your first power supply was too small

New power supply 7amp should be ok so you need to look at your cable size ...... If the conductors ...... (Your power cable) is too small your camera will not get the amps it needs to pull

Quick test is to place power supply close to camera ..... Use a extension lead just to test

The power cable is a good thick size but I will try that test over this weekend if the weather is ok cheers.

New power supply 7amp should be ok so you need to look at your cable size ...... If the conductors ...... (Your power cable) is too small your camera will not get the amps it needs to pull

Quick test is to place power supply close to camera ..... Use a extension lead just to test

Well at long last I managed to get back to this job of the ptz camera.

I thank you tomcctv again you was right about both the power supply and the cable being the wrong type.

I ran another cable alongside the other one I used speaker cable red and black up to 10 amps and everything works fine now. Thanks for all your help.

I thank you tomcctv again you was right about both the power supply and the cable being the wrong type.

I ran another cable alongside the other one I used speaker cable red and black up to 10 amps and everything works fine now. Thanks for all your help.

Hi good to see you are sorted .... it’s a problem with most ptz cameras .

Suppliers send out camera and power supply and people fit them.

And when they don’t work properly it’s a head scratcher

But the power supples supplied are to be used next to the camera which is not good.

Also going oversize with power cable and power allows the camera to pull what it needs

Hi good to see you are sorted .... it’s a problem with most ptz cameras .

Suppliers send out camera and power supply and people fit them.

And when they don’t work properly it’s a head scratcher

But the power supples supplied are to be used next to the camera which is not good.

Also going oversize with power cable and power allows the camera to pull what it needs

Yes thanks to you and a lesson learned for me. I will remember this in future I think that power supply they sent out was just for the small ptz cameras without IR leds.