Sign in to follow this  
Terahertz

dahau - motion detect when there is no motion

new to this forum so going slow and conservative. have dahua nvr, 5 different dahua ip cameras. all are us model sold thru us dahua reseller. all have dahua logo with full dahua support.all either made and or firmware after the 2017 global CcTV hacking issues. all are 'current version' firmware.from less cost bullit to more expensive varifocal domes,identical false motion issues. have open dahua support case where they waiting for me to call and discuss case. some have sd cards, some don't. having or not having sd cards has not affected the support case. the system has never seen the open internet, is behind firewall and is LAN only. cameras setup and attached to NVR for testing before install.

after some days of full time operation with record settings for 24/7 motion record and log only 3 of those cameras all dif models, has begun to trigger endless motion events. all motion detect setting done at the cameras, not thru nvr. on the camera motion grids the same 3 motion blocks at the lower left of the grids flash and trigger motion events with spikes just above the default 5 threshold setting line where there is no motion. its like a disease spreading on the cameras. deleting the blocks from region1 grid and it stops. add those blocks to region 2 and the motion spikes on graph restart but are full height of graph. i dont want to simply raise the region1 threshold, I want to know why identical grid blocks of different cameras pointing different scenes flash there is motion when there is none. no difference if the cameras detached from NVR or moved to dif places, or cables swapped out. dahua wants to discuss. I brought it here first. Im using UPT cat6a cabling but interference cant be the reason but I would switch to stp i fit fixed it. outside cabling is running thru plastic conduit with 6 to 8 patch cables in the conduit. moving cameras and using discreet cables not in conduit, no dif.

I look for similar recent dahua false motion alert experience and if so, what stopped the false motion alerts from 2 or 3 identical lower left motion grid blocks on different cameras. i goofed on setup, or true bizarre issue

enjoy