tech101

Mac address of samsung ip camera automatically changed

i had a samsung ip cam and almost 70 devices connected in one network. last few days i have noticed one device has a different MAC Address from the device itself. it appears in ipolis manager like 00.09.18.FF.FF.FF. there is a conflict if i add another device to the network. Does anyone knows how to put or change it to device mac address itself?

I thought that the Mac address was hardwired into the device and is supposed to be a unique number letter combination that never changes. Is it possible some mfg has used a duplicate?

it should be..but the mac address is not the same when i opened it at ipolis manager, where i could config the device and assigned ip addresses.maybe someone out there knows about this problem.

A wireless camera may have 2 mac addresses, 1 for wired and 1 for wireless. I don't know if yours are wireless though.

Hi. Like jeromephone says .. Mac is embedded in that camera (should be printed on back)

Have you taken camera off the network and connected to it direct ?

You should be able to see images IP address and MAC address

Which operating system are you connecting to camera with

thank you..

yes, it is embedded at the camera, i tried already removed it and connect directly to the switch.it works no problem,but the mac address is not the same from the sticker printed.

i am looking a solution until now how to edit the mac address and copy with same MAC at the device..i am using ipolis manager.

thank you..

yes, it is embedded at the camera, i tried already removed it and connect directly to the switch.it works no problem,but the mac address is not the same from the sticker printed.

i am looking a solution until now how to edit the mac address and copy with same MAC at the device..i am using ipolis manager.

Why are you so fixed on it being a MAC address problem

You also missed a question out .... What operating system