Sign in to follow this  
coltmanneil

alternative cameras

I have a swann 535 pro camera and at night it looks as though there is a spiders web in front of the lens, however during the day its perfect.

Is there a separate lens on the camera from night vision as I only have the problem at night. Ive wiped the lens but it must be internal . I ve also noticed at "dawn "the camera lens flashes during playback. This must be the lens adjusing itself for daytime. Theres probably no web into front of the internal part of the lens the lens nightvision side must be going defective.

As this camera is no longer available is there any other cameras available in black that would be compatible with my DVR. Its only 720 output I am sure.

Help appreciated.

NeilC

I have a swann 535 pro camera and at night it looks as though there is a spiders web in front of the lens, however during the day its perfect.

Is there a separate lens on the camera from night vision as I only have the problem at night. Ive wiped the lens but it must be internal . I ve also noticed at "dawn "the camera lens flashes during playback. This must be the lens adjusing itself for daytime. Theres probably no web into front of the internal part of the lens the lens nightvision side must be going defective.

As this camera is no longer available is there any other cameras available in black that would be compatible with my DVR. Its only 720 output I am sure.

Help appreciated.

NeilC

Hi. Neil. The web will be infront of the lens and it's the cameras IR that is making it visible .....you will not see it in day mode.

Cleaning the camera helps but only for a day or so.

Spider spray usually stops it........all over camera NOT the lens

For a replacement look for a turret 4 in 1 camera it covers all camera formats

I wonder if the 535 camera can be taken apart. I saw on the internet similar cameras can be unscrewed just after the lens.

The manual you get these days with this equipment is basic. I am an electrician by trade and have taken schnieder/pelco cameras apart. This one looks as though it doesnt come apart, I might be incorrect.

Help appreciated and thanks again.

NeilC

I wonder if the 535 camera can be taken apart. I saw on the internet similar cameras can be unscrewed just after the lens.

The manual you get these days with this equipment is basic. I am an electrician by trade and have taken schnieder/pelco cameras apart. This one looks as though it doesnt come apart, I might be incorrect.

Help appreciated and thanks again.

NeilC

No don’t take your camera apart

Infront of lens means it’s on the dome or glass.

Web can’t be inside or you would not get a image of it.

Like you said you have cleaned it and it’s fine but then it’s back

Only takes A few mins for a web to appear..... next time play it back

Thanks for you quick reply.

I cleaned the glass today and the fault is definitely with the camera in night mode the IR must not be working properly.

The actual camera is a swpro 735 but again they are obsolete.

I will have to replace it. My dvr is a 1425 swann. So will need a camera compatible with this dvr.

thanks

NeilC