judypupek

Remote viewing problems

I recently purchased a Foscam 18910W security camera used from someone. I tried to install it myself but had to turn to tech support for help. They remotely accessed my home computer to set up my static IP address and my external address. Everything was working fine. We went to visit relatives in Indiana, approx 400 miles away from home, connected to their wifi and tried to view our camera. It would not connect. Since returning home, I can't remotely view my camera feed. Help!! We also would like to know what we have to do to take our camera in our motorhome so that we can keep an eye on our pets while away from the motorhome. I was told that we would need to hardwire an access point to the camera with a CAT5 cable. We are leaving to go camping next week. Help!!!! I'm starting to wonder if this whole situation is hopeless.

Hi. Not what you want to hear but buying a secondhand Foscam was your first mistake .......you can buy them new for $40

Foscam tech support would not setup your static IP.

Because they can't only your internet provider can do that for you.

It looks like whoever it was who set up your camera just did some port forwarding to get it to work ..... And because you don't have a static IP your external IP has changed which will no longer allow you access.

External IP addresses can last for a few hours or days or even weeks but they will change. ..... A static IP from your internet provider will always allow you access as your external will never change.

On your app that tech setup for you you should see the IP address in app settings ....... You need to change that to your current IP address (click on link below and it will show your IP)

https://www.whatismyip.com

Getting your camera to work in your motor home is going to be harder in you don't know about networking.

Your motor home will need Internet and a router. (Mobile /cell Internet)

And also take into account cell network will cost you more than your camera each few days to watch your dog...... (2 costs mobile internet data for motor home and data costs for your cell)