dc2000

ACTi camera starts flashing at night, records OK during day

Hi everyone:

Let me start off by saying that my knowledge of IP cameras is quite limited. So please bear with me.

Let me explain what happened. At our facility we've recently installed this IP camera. After about 6 months in, I started noticing that the camera was cycling through bright and dark modes in about 5 to 10 seconds and continues to do so throughout the night. This causes the attached DVR to needlessly record. (In a normal situation the DVR is set up to record masked motion only.)

We've called the installer, the company that put that camera up, and they basically told us that this is our problem now. So I'm trying to see if there's anything I can do about this camera myself before we involve anyone else into this situation.

So here's the video of how this camera records during the day:

(It was exported directly from the DVR.)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xJMdXgS7IGgjZ8UMPWaVil1g1ecqChxm/view

And here's how it looks like at night:

(I had to record it off of my smartphone, but it shows what happens.)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kMtj9AHSlLlffWtB_ATwqshp7-yCzA9o/view

You can probably see (by that yellow hatch on the left) that it goes into black and white mode, then does that bright flash and then darkens up and goes back into color mode and then repeats this over and over again until morning.

Also note that in reality there's no bright light or anything that flashes outside (even though it looks like that from this recording.)

Additionally, I'm not sure if it matters, when I tried to export that night video from the DVR itself (and the reason that I recorded it with a smartphone above) is that it doesn't come out anything close to what it looks like on the screen. Here it is:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hHAawJoKF9tjKIJBlWguIyEavvhzNStp/view

Lastly, just to give you the specs for the camera. Here's what I can get from the DVR for it:

308609_1.png

Do you have any idea how to fix this?

Hi. Your camera is working fine.

However if you look centre and a little to the right in your video you will see that on the far unit they have a PTZ with it which is doing a tour and one of its tour presets it is blinding your camera with IR from it.

Try setting your camera to day mode only

However if you look centre and a little to the right in your video you will see that on the far unit they have a PTZ with it which is doing a tour and one of its tour presets it is blinding your camera with IR from it.

Hmm, interesting. There's indeed a camera in that location. But why would it be spraying IR toward this camera. It should be pointing more than 90 degrees in a different direction.

Hmm, interesting. There's indeed a camera in that location. But why would it be spraying IR toward this camera. It should be pointing more than 90 degrees in a different direction.

Hi. It's not a fixed camera ........PTZ move with IR and at one point it is directed towards your camera.

Just set your camera to day time only