rory

Whats the BEST Day/Night Fixed Dome?

Anyone have any ideas, tested etc. Ive only used the Sanyo so far, has alot of settings etc, but a pain to install. I notice the Ganz ZC domes have easier installation and more options, but no day/nigh version. Any others out there. I see Kalatel has one, but havent tried it yet, and doesnt seem to have all the options like the Sanyo and Ganz.

ROry

Ganz are about o release a day/night version of the dome

yeah, since this post, ive turned away from the ganz product, its probably real good, but a BW version for $450 US Wholesale (including outdoor ceiling mount), compared to $300 for the sanyo and kalatel versions, Id have to stick with the later. Heck they are all 1/4" anyway so i doubt the image will be much better than any other 1/4" ive seen. Actually the cheaper Provideo has 1/3" lens for like $180 BW outdoor Dome (fixed lens though).

It is not just the sensor that determines the quality of image, however i agree the dome series housings are insanely priced. Email me the prices they gave you for cams and I will see how it compares to what we get.

Ganz has several offices all as independant busineses, for exaple I cant get the I/P camera or thermal becasue they were made not in Japan.

They all have different pricing levels but I may be able to help you if you email me as Japan is the head office and I know them quite well.

I hope this helped,

Depends on application, environment, etc.... That don't help but we sell a few online, all name brand, and install several other types.

I agree with you about the installation. Not just the Sanyo, but most can be a pain. But I think it seems that way because I don't install anywhere as many domes as bullets or the traditional style.

Check us out : http://watch24seven.com

We are just adding the domes and traditional, only offering mainly bullet type online (we install any type).

Check us out, or contact for info on other Cams.

Just got the Ganz, day nighter dome.... great product and price was good it has full CS guts and 360 degree gimble also has an option for data cable connection for cat5 transfer with booster and best of all has option ofr TV out port for a service monitor, means easily foccuse, was quite impressive under a very dark filter.. I would say best Day Night dome I have seen.

Just got the Ganz, day nighter dome.... great product and price was good it has full CS guts and 360 degree gimble also has an option for data cable connection for cat5 transfer with booster and best of all has option ofr TV out port for a service monitor, means easily foccuse, was quite impressive under a very dark filter.. I would say best Day Night dome I have seen.

whats the model number? Ill look up the price for us over here.

They dont come weatherproof though I noticed, you have to add a weatherproof attachment, which was costing $125 US.

Rory

The best results I've ever seen were with a D/N dome from the French company HYMATOM, who uses a SONY block camera inside.

Really nice picture under all light conditions

Rik