dorset81

mouse problums

I have a swann DVR8-4000 trublue

I have it in a cupboard , but every time I go to use it the mouse wont work! I have only had it up for about a month and when it first happened I phoned the company that I bought it from and they sent me a new mouse, it worked fine for week or so but its doing it again, the first time it happened I turned off the whole system for 5 mins and it worked again, I tried that again and doesn't seem to of worked

please help!

What doesn't work with the mouse, specifically? The included mouse is usually garbage with most Dvr's of any kind. You can try a different mouse altogether and see if it works better. It may not work at all, but a simple USB mouse you have laying around is worth a try. If not, it could be a problem with the USB port itself. Is there a front and back port? Tried them both?

What doesn't work with the mouse, specifically?

nothing, I can see the curser on the screen but it just wont move.

it has a usb on the front and I just tried that and that seems to be working, i then moved it to the usb at the back and that seems to be working now too but this happened when i turn it of before for 5 mins, it worked fine until i went back to it a few days later!

sorry having few issues iv only just joined the forum!

Edited by Guest

No problem. make sure that you're not knocking the connection loose if you close a door in a cupboard. Sometimes they sit loosely in the USB socket.

No problem. make sure that you're not knocking the connection loose if you close a door in a cupboard. Sometimes they sit loosely in the USB socket.

it in a really deep cupboard, 600mm deep x 600mm wide, so shouldn't get knocked, i will be more aware of that when i put the mouse in and close the door, thanks for the tip

i did wonder if it was due to getting to hot in the cupboard?

If you think it's overheating

I wouldnt say overheating just gets hot, not boiling, i'll take the temp tomorrow, what the max temp it can go to?

the camera system is at a butchers shop were there is not heating

I've taken the temperature of a rabbit, a cat and a dog too,

but where oh where yo gonna stick the thermometer on a DVR?

" title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" /> the temp inside the cupboard!!