Sign in to follow this  
glnv

Motion detection compatibility (Xmeye, nvsip, Jovision chip)

Hi, I don't understand why would one ip camera dealer say I need to purchase an NVR that is Xmeye.com compatible for the motion detection to work with their ip cameras. Another seller tells me their NVRs had to be nvsip.com compatible, meaning, they say, it needs to be one with a Jovision chip. I'm confused. Does this have anything to do with variations of ONVIF implementations from different manufacturers?

The reason I'm asking, I don't want to set up my whole system, have the NVR break down and find out I can't get a replacement NVR for motion detection to work in my ip cameras because the company making the NVR no longer exist, if that's the case. I'm just being cautious because my crappy DVR stopped working properly after only six months of low usage (I'm changing from DVR to NVR for other reasons). Thank you for any response.

Hi, I don't understand why would one ip camera dealer say I need to purchase an NVR that is Xmeye.com compatible for the motion detection to work with their ip cameras. Another seller tells me their NVRs had to be nvsip.com compatible, meaning, they say, it needs to be one with a Jovision chip. I'm confused. Does this have anything to do with variations of ONVIF implementations from different manufacturers?

The reason I'm asking, I don't want to set up my whole system, have the NVR break down and find out I can't get a replacement NVR for motion detection to work in my ip cameras because the company making the NVR no longer exist, if that's the case. I'm just being cautious because my crappy DVR stopped working properly after only six months of low usage (I'm changing from DVR to NVR for other reasons). Thank you for any response.

Buy a reliable brand and stick to that brand. Furthermore, buy NOW spare parts instead of waiting for the future, when you are afraid that the manufaturer does not exist in the future.

Hi. Yes your problem could be ONVIF

Not all cameras play well on some recorders

ONVIF has different versions so some camera data might not work.

You could have a camera with motion and even audio but will only show images ...... Motion or audio won't work

You then have cameras using ONVIF not allowing you to use cameras ful res.

You hear a lot ..... Buy same make NVR and cameras ..... You find this on budget systems which is not a bad thing but as better cameras come out you just can't use them.

Go for a NVR with good ONVIF compatable lists and the ONVIF gets updated as well

Ok, thank you for the reply, this confirms what I'm just been trying to figure out. I was actually thinking of getting two NVR of the system I'm looking at since they are cheap in price.