horsefodder

Concept pro 701 RH help

Hi, I am in the process of setting up a system to watch a pregnant Horse, I have a concept pro 701 RH but the previous owner chopped the cable where it went through a wall, I have a 6 wire cable, red, orange, green and brown, and a screened cable yellow and black, I'm guessing the screened cable is video, can anybody enlighten me to the other 4, I don't want to fire power into the wrong circuit!

It also came with a concept pro VA-KBDPRO+ controller, minus power supply and connection lead, anyone have a spare one?

I have set up much simpler systems and have always had good results, but having phoned videcon I wasn't impressed with the talk to your local distributer!

Many thanks

Bob

Hi. Good cameras ..... Videcon will not help they only tech to registered customers. But it's not there camera

Your camera is a CNB

RED. ..... 12v (it needs to be 5amp)

ORANGE...... Negative

BLACK ....... is video ground

YELLOW.......is video

GREEN .....IS rs485 +

BROWN......rs485 -

Cables are not cut that's how it is from new ..... Your just missing the BNC PUSH DOWN.

Also how are you going to control the camera

fantastic, thank you!

I was hoping to use the VA-KBDPRO+ to control it, just need the cables, any idea where I could get the cables for the controller

Regards

Bob

hi, about 20 meters, I thought the controller needed its own power supply via a splitter cable, its a real pity when suppliers wont help individual's, I used to work in electrical installation, so I'm not a complete numpty, I just know very little about cctv, so any help would be gratefully received, I'm based in the Berkshire Oxfordshire border, so if you know of any good suppliers of cable etc it would be great.

Regards

Bob

Hello everyone, unfortunately my saga continues!, all connected up, camera appears to go through a self test, whirring and clicking, IR's then switch on, but no video output, tried a cheap camera on the cable and all working ok, is there anything I can try with the camera or is it Junk?

Regards

B

Hello everyone, unfortunately my saga continues!, all connected up, camera appears to go through a self test, whirring and clicking, IR's then switch on, but no video output, tried a cheap camera on the cable and all working ok, is there anything I can try with the camera or is it Junk?

Regards

B

Hi if you remove back plate from camera housing you can get to the camera control buttons and also get 12v to the camera ....... That way you have taken both IR units off the. Power ..... Just while you test the camera.

Hold center button for 5 seconds and menu will pop up. Press down button till you see factory reset.... Press center button and see if image comes up.

Hi, many thanks, I gave it a try and still no output, I spoke to videcon, and was asked to return via the supplier, don't know who supplied it, cant get return number without account..............why do people make thing so difficult!

Back to the drawing board!

lol

Regards

Bruce

Hi, I am in the process of setting up a system to watch a pregnant Horse, I have a concept pro 701 RH but the previous owner chopped the cable where it went through a wall, I have a 6 wire cable, red, orange, green and brown, and a screened cable yellow and black, I'm guessing the screened cable is video, can anybody enlighten me to the other 4, I don't want to fire power into the wrong circuit!

It also came with a concept pro VA-KBDPRO+ controller, minus power supply and connection lead, anyone have a spare one?

I have set up much simpler systems and have always had good results, but having phoned videcon I wasn't impressed with the talk to your local distributer!

Many thanks

Bob

Don't be too hard on Videcon, they are set up to speak to resellers and distributors, they aren't set up to speak to everyone that buys their products. Speaking to the general public would effectively flood their lines and they just haven't got the staff to deal with that.

As a dealer I have found their help invaluable which is one reason I buy UK imported products, clients can benefit from that support

via myself. Very often the dealer will know the answer thus reducing the load on Videcon. Your original seller should have given you the confidence to speak directly to them otherwise why else would you buy from them?

I love Videcon products they are really easy to get good results with.

The lesson here is deal with official outlets, yes it may cost a little more, but then you'd not be stuck now would you.

Call a local technician out to resolve it for you ask thm if they deal with Videcon before you call them out.

As a dealer installer I find Videcon more than willing to help technicians resolve issues with their product

even if they weren't the original supplier.

ok last straw, spoke to local distributors as recommended by videcon to return faulty unit, they didn't really want to send it back and suggested I should return it, but kindly offered to talk to videcon, the rang me and said it probably wasn't worth fixing..........I had been led to believe it was a hi quality camera that was very expensive when new, so its not worth sending back anyway!

Hmm me thinks buy cheap stuff and throw it away when it goes faulty!

Vide-con??

Hi. They were expensive cameras 50 x zoom and over 100m IR

and reliable cameras.

You can just replace the camera so that might be a option.

But first can you list type of power supply your using

Also and this was people's main problem ......how it is wired the POWER COLOURS ARE NOT RED AND BLACK.

red is + and orange is -

Camera will not start if that is not right ...... Also it is the same camera they use in there PTZ so it has a home set and takes time to start up

ok last straw, spoke to local distributors as recommended by videcon to return faulty unit, they didn't really want to send it back and suggested I should return it, but kindly offered to talk to videcon, the rang me and said it probably wasn't worth fixing..........I had been led to believe it was a hi quality camera that was very expensive when new, so its not worth sending back anyway!

Hmm me thinks buy cheap stuff and throw it away when it goes faulty!

Vide-con??

when you pay peanuts, you get a lot of monkeying around...

Hi, I'm running a 5 amp 12 volt stabilised power supply (actually tried 3 different ones), the camera appears to go through a start up procedure, it sounds like it zooms in and out, then the IR's kick in but all I get on my DVR is no connection, connected direct to the bnc test port on the rear of the camera but still nothing, yes connected to red and orange, I even left it turned on overnight but still nothing, proved cable and system with another camera, if I knew where I could get a replacement camera I would happily swap it over

Hi, I'm in Reading Berkshire, it would be fantastic if you have one, I'm doing all of this for free as the rare breeds farm does so much fund raising for a charity called sound about, (its started to turn into one of those "I wish I hadn't offered job's" but its for a good cause so one way or another I will sort out something)

I had a look at the camera and cant see any makers name on it, although it maybe hidden by the metal cage its in.

Thanks for your assistance

Regards

Bruce

Hi, thanks for the manual, its still totally dead, so I guess its new camera time, did you have any luck with your garage stock?

regards

Bruce