Sign in to follow this  
RBW

Hikvision SD Card Camera

Hello cctv forum

Last week our garage was broken into so now after the horse has bolted we are looking at security systems. I will be fitting a simple burglar alarm tomorrow but i would also like the additional security of cctv that allows me to view the camera using my smart phone. However after reading up on what's available there seems to be a bewildering amount of choice.

Ii would very much appreciate any advice from the this forum so i do not waste unnecessary money buying the wrong equipment.

I am looking at the HIKVISION DS-2CD2032F-I 3MP 4mm Outdoor HD DWDR IR Bullet Network IP Camera POE ,SD Card Slot camera. The reason is because it has a SD card for recording.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/HIKVISION-DS-2CD2032F-I-Outdoor-Bullet-Network/dp/B00Z6KHZ3O/ref=sr_1_21?s=photo&srs=2559966031&ie=UTF8&qid=1441433272&sr=1-21

I have the following questions:

1. Will i be able to connect this camera directly into my BT HomeHub router and using the SADP Hikvision software be able to view and program the camera?

2. If i set up the ports correctly on my HomeHub will i be able to view the camera using the Hikvision App?

3. Will i be able to view the recorded images on the SD card direct from my pc or app or will i have to physically remove the SD card and plug it into my pc?

4. Does the camera come with an SD card installed or do i need to buy one?

5. I understand that a Nvr is the normal way to record images but as i only have one camera and only need max 30 mins recording is a SD card suitable?

Thank you in advance for any replies

1 - Yes. SADP is just for the basic IP config, and then everything else can be done from a web browser.

2 - Yes.

3 - PC or app.

4 - You need to buy one, up to 64Gb. Use a class 10 memory card.

5 - It sure is!

1 - Yes. SADP is just for the basic IP config, and then everything else can be done from a web browser.

2 - Yes.

3 - PC or app.

4 - You need to buy one, up to 64Gb. Use a class 10 memory card.

5 - It sure is!

Wow this is great thank you

Another question though if i may.

1. How long will a 64Gb normally record for. From what i've read it depends on what it is recording but in general an estimated time?

1. How long will a 64Gb normally record for. From what i've read it depends on what it is recording but in general an estimated time?

No idea. It will depend on many factors, the resolution you record at, how many FPS, the bitrate, constant or variable, how muc motion is where you install the camera, etc.