marquita188

HELP! My CCTV Cameras Makes Grass & Black look Purple!

Well done! Sometimes the professionals can't help because a pro working in the field wouldn't have time to messa round with a camera to that extent. In this case the pros can learn something from you. Again, well done! " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" />

Hi All,

I figured this out finally I had 3 cameras that are purple. I took one apart it had 4 screws in the back mine are zimodo brand I got the whole setup for about 150.00.

after sliding out the camera I saw the the little red led I don't know what its for but its a IR sensor I think of some kind. I plugged in the camera and began to mess with, I found out right away if you cover that little red sensor with your finger tip the purple goes away. So what I did was put a little piece of black tape over it and put in back together and it works fine no more purple. I have no idea what that thing does but it seems to work fine now, go figure, hope this helps you all.

Rick

This is an old thread started in 2011. I doubt there is any real 'fix' to the problem the OP mentioned. Many older cheaper CCTV cameras had off colours. Playing around with the Hue settings (if the DVR had it) could sometimes offer and somewhat better overall colour tone. But basically if you have this issue it's likely one you just need to live with, or replace the cameras.

My best way to know what colour is really what colour is simple: Get a colour wheel (Print one out on your computers colour printer). Then put the colour wheel in the cameras frame where you need to know the correct colours. Make sure you remember what colour was at the top when it was on camera. Now look at the colours as they appear in the video footage. For cameras outside this is best done at the same time of day (and same sunlight brightness) as the video footage was film that you need to match colours. You still have crazy colour footage, but at least if you need to know the real colours for something like a police report you will be able to know.

The cameras you bought have no IR filter. This explains the strange colors.

Looks like one or more of the cams also has moisture in it, clogging up the view.