marquita188

HELP! My CCTV Cameras Makes Grass & Black look Purple!

HELP! My CCTV Cameras Makes Grass/green color & coats/jackets/Black color look Purple in the daytime.

how do i fix this without buying more expensive cameras?

Untitledkjj1-1.jpg

Edited by Guest

Hi. not much you can do with cheap cameras. people pay more than $24 for dummy cameras.

you will have to buy better quality cameras if you need better images.

Hi. not much you can do with cheap cameras. people pay more than $24 for dummy cameras.

I've read that it doesn't matter how expensive the camera is the purple can still show up.

Ya, like Tom said, for $24 delivered you are lucky it does anything. I assume the DVR recorder you are using is of the same quality. But take a look in its menus and see if you can find hue and saturation controls to adjust the color. Some programs let you do it for each camera and others only have 1 global setting.

I've read that it doesn't matter how expensive the camera is the purple can still show up.

Hi. yes you are right. but to be honest thats people over pricing cheap cameras.

the problem is a good camera will have settings to alter on set-up. but your camera has no settings at all. so what you see is what you get.

Ya, like Tom said, for $24 delivered you are lucky it does anything. I assume the DVR recorder you are using is of the same quality. But take a look in its menus and see if you can find hue and saturation controls to adjust the color. Some programs let you do it for each camera and others only have 1 global setting.

like i said before, the price doesn't matter. i read about it in a pro magazine.

Hi. yes you are right. but to be honest that's people over pricing cheap cameras.

the problem is a good camera will have settings to alter on set-up. but your camera has no settings at all. so what you see is what you get.

oh OK.

like i said before, the price doesn't matter. i read about it in a pro magazine.

it must be ok then.

well the best thing is to have a look at the settings on the back of your camera or on the OSD. start by doing a factory reset. and then focus your camera. and then start to alter the settings to suit your camera view.

if you cant do any of the above then you have a problem that cant be fixed.

history of a cheap $25 camera. it will start off in life as a $5 -6 camera from china. by the time the guy in america has had it shipped its now a $12 camera ebay fees postage and his bit of profit takes it too $25.

i dont know what people or PRO magazine expect to get from a $6 camera.

it must be ok then.

well the best thing is to have a look at the settings on the back of your camera or on the OSD. start by doing a factory reset. and then focus your camera. and then start to alter the settings to suit your camera view.

if you cant do any of the above then you have a problem that cant be fixed.

history of a cheap $25 camera. it will start off in life as a $5 -6 camera from china. by the time the guy in america has had it shipped its now a $12 camera ebay fees postage and his bit of profit takes it too $25.

i dont know what people or PRO magazine expect to get from a $6 camera.

all i wanted was some help, no need to bite my head off. i thought the price didn't matter. this is my first DVR system setup.

Did you even bother to look for the hue and saturation controls in your DVR program to adjust the color like i told you.

marquita188. hi no one is biting your head off. sometimes people dont like what the hear. and its the same when other come back with i read this and that.

we are only pointing out that you will not do much with $25 cameras. (in your post you called them expensive)

you will need to change the cameras. when you do post details on the forum before you buy and people will help.

marquita188. hi no one is biting your head off. sometimes people dont like what the hear. and its the same when other come back with i read this and that.

we are only pointing out that you will not do much with $25 cameras. (in your post you called them expensive)

you will need to change the cameras. when you do post details on the forum before you buy and people will help.

what? i didn't call the ones i have now expensive... i said without buying more expensive cameras..

Edited by Guest

Did you even bother to look for the hue and saturation controls in your DVR program to adjust the color like i told you.

whats your problem? huh? what did i do to you!!!!!

i don't have that.

marquita188,

Valid or not, the general opinion among CCTV professionals is that ebay equipment is junk. I can understand and, for the most part agree with, that opinion.

So basically, you come onto this board saying that you bought ebay cameras and aren't happy with the picture. That would be the equivalent to someone going to a Mercedes dealership and complaining about the quality of their Yugo.

marquita188,

Valid or not, the general opinion among CCTV professionals is that ebay equipment is junk. I can understand and, for the most part agree with, that opinion.

So basically, you come onto this board saying that you bought ebay cameras and aren't happy with the picture. That would be the equivalent to someone going to a Mercedes dealership and complaining about the quality of their Yugo.

omg. wow! i keep telling you people, i didn't know that, and also this is my first DVR system!!!

omg. wow! i keep telling you people, i didn't know that, and also this is my first DVR system!!!
Perhaps the problem we have is that you were/are not willing to accept our comments that your cameras are the problem.

what? i didn't call the ones i have now expensive... i said without buying more expensive cameras..

Perhaps the problem we have is that you were/are not willing to accept our comments that your cameras are the problem.

no you can't accept that i know that already.

There is nothing you can do. They have bad image sensors, coupled with no IR cut filter. That makes everything look off.

The cable to just one of my cameras cost more than $24?

Hi All,

I figured this out finally I had 3 cameras that are purple. I took one apart it had 4 screws in the back mine are zimodo brand I got the whole setup for about 150.00.

after sliding out the camera I saw the the little red led I don't know what its for but its a IR sensor I think of some kind. I plugged in the camera and began to mess with, I found out right away if you cover that little red sensor with your finger tip the purple goes away. So what I did was put a little piece of black tape over it and put in back together and it works fine no more purple. I have no idea what that thing does but it seems to work fine now, go figure, hope this helps you all.

Rick