EBRDDM4v3

Q-See 4 Channel HD NVR w/ 2 x 720P Cameras

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11766186&whse=BC&Ne=4000000&eCat=BC|1482&N=4000486&Mo=87&No=25&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&cat=1482&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&lang=en-US&Sp=C&topnav=

Looks like Costco is starting to go HD cameras kits. This is the kit I was looking at. They have another one at $1500 w/ 4 1080P cameras from Lorex. I was hoping to purchase the $500 kit and add 2 Dahua or other POE cameras later. The NVR can handle up to 1080p.

What do you guys think on this kit? Costco warranty and tech support are a big plus to me. Price looks pretty competitive

Thanks in advance.

I can't believe how well that is priced out. 2 720p cameras, a POE, an NVR with a TB, wire and power supplies for

500! It even does full recording at 30fps every channel. I just hope none of my customers sees this! LOL!

Interesting... I was impressed with the QT528 8(full D1 recording on all) channel DVR with 4 cameras and all supplies/power breakout box.

Only two cameras but I could see it complementing a 8 channel analog system. I wonder if their PC software will let you mix the analog and HD DVRs in the same app.

I can't believe how well that is priced out. 2 720p cameras, a POE, an NVR with a TB, wire and power supplies for

500! It even does full recording at 30fps every channel. I just hope none of my customers sees this! LOL!

and I wish Costco visit this forum and support their own customers

sure it's not going to happen

lots of members will jump and happily help Costco to sell product

Costco supports their customers over at costco. Qsee supports their customers over at qsee. Here, we try and support everyone when retailers and manufacturers drop the ball.

Gotta love forums. Not too long ago, you were truly on your own.

I picked it up...I'll try to post some sample videos when I get it running.

Specs for those Qsee cameras look like

a Dahua HFW2100 but the Qsee model has 30fps. vs the 15fps

I'm not that impressed with the video. I saw some blurry spots and nothing really that crisp. It's a wide view

of the area and it's better than analog, but just didn't do it for me. My dahua 720p cameras made me say

wow. At night time, they were not too bad as well, they handled the headlights ok, but again, nothing that

amazing. I guess for the price they are well worth it though. Thank you for sharing.

Perhaps it's YouTube compression? Specs are very similar in the Qsee and Dahua camera. Only thing different is 30fps vs 15.

Or Qsee's firmware with more agreesive compression allows 30fps from that same camera?

Do you see those blurry spots before you put it on YouTube? When I viewed it on YouTube I made sure to up the resolution. And I've seen other hd CCTV videos on YouTube that did not have that

Those videos are uploaded by Qsee. I wonder how the Qsee cameras look at 15fps.

The more I check out the Q-See/Dahua package from Costco the more I love it. All my earlier fears of lack of support, troubleshooting, etc are gone.

Will Q-See NVR support IPC-HDB3200CN ? I am thinking to get this package from Costco and add 2 more IPC-HDB3200CN to the setup. How is quality of 1.3MP cameras that come with the package?

TIA

That model NVR supports one 1080P camera so it should work but what will you do with the 2 cameras it comes with? The 4 channel NVR supports either 1 1080P or 2 720P or 4 D1. Wait a short time and their new NVR will be out that will support 120FPS of 1080P or 240FPS of 720P.

I have one of these NVR with 2 cameras on order now from Costco, cost was $599, not $500. But I talked to their tech support line and liked my experience. I think service after the sale is VERY important before buying one of these kits. Also, found out from Costco (since I've been their for over 8 years now) that this is a NON-Electronic item, so it does not qualify for the 90 day return policy. Which is good, since they said I can return it anytime. That is anytime, ie., next year, 2 years from now, and so on. The only thing costco watches is abuse when customers do this repeatedly. So their is no risk in buying this item to me. IF I dont like it, I return it to the store in my town, no questions asked, and I can take my time setting it up and testing, which is big for me!!

JBelliz

That model NVR supports one 1080P camera so it should work but what will you do with the 2 cameras it comes with? The 4 channel NVR supports either 1 1080P or 2 720P or 4 D1. Wait a short time and their new NVR will be out that will support 120FPS of 1080P or 240FPS of 720P.

buellwinkle i think we need a review of the 8 and 16ch models.

The original Costco link now gives this message:

Product Not Found

This product is out of stock and cannot be added to your cart at this time.

It is still in stock at Costco. The URL must have changed.

http://www.costco.com/Q-See-4-Channel-HD-Digital-NVR-with-1TB-Hard-Drive-and-2-HD-720p-IP-Cameras.product.11767205.html

It is now $599. I got it back in August when it was on sale for $499. I really like it.

They also have a package of 2 extra 720p cameras for $299 that go with this NVR.

http://www.costco.com/Q-See-High-Definition-720p-2-Pack-IP-Cameras.product.100003461.html

Does anyone have a sample site I can log into? I'd love to compare these to the Dahua's. As far as price, its not that much different than 4 bullet Dahua's 720ps and a 4 channel Dahua NVR though.

well i contacted q-see and asked when they would be stocking costco with the 8ch and 16ch nvr models....they couldn't give me a date BUT said should be soon. still waiting on costcos reply on when we can expect these models to be stocked. i should mention the 8 and 16ch models are available on q-see store front for crazy money! 700us for the 8ch and 800us for the 16ch. i do expect a price adjustment when sold at costco.

i'm not sure, but it almost seems like q-see is relabeling dahua items, someone correct me if i am wrong!

fyi, costco will have the 4 channel nvr with 4 of the ip cameras for 699 starting oct 15, to nov 16 or something like that

fyi, costco will have the 4 channel nvr with 4 of the ip cameras for 699 starting oct 15, to nov 16 or something like that

yep, i saw that deal.. and a great deal it is!

I got this from costco,

unfortunately one of the PoE port turned out to be bad. tried testing that port with multiple camera's as well as multiple cables but no luck.

Costco service awesome.. they connected me with knowledgable Q-See support and we tried to troubleshoot the issue. Unfortunately we have to return the product for repairs.

was wondering if others have the same issue