bicc

Viewing CCTV cameras remotely

Hi all,

I plan to put up 2 wireless ptz cameras around my brothers yard next month so im getting down to planning how i will do it.

I want to place a camera at the front of his house so he can see who is driving in and one camera at the back of the house. I plan to set them up wirelessly and not run cat5 cables. So i will set the two cameras up first on the local LAN and configure the wireless settings on each individual camera. Then i will set up port forwarding in the router to allow a remote access from outside the LAN.

My brother would like to view both cameras at the same time when he logs in from work, airport etc. How will i do this ?

From my understanding of port forwarding i would have to give 2 individual ports per camera ?? I know that an app will be available for the phone but how does it work on a laptop or PC ? Can you install the app on the laptop and PC also?

If anyone has any ideas whats the best way to set this up please let me know. Cheers

I Agree.. No on wireless.. But, I'm assuming you won't be using a DVR/NVR? what's the model of the PTZ you are planning on using?

-Thanks