Sign in to follow this  
xlillyx

Is my new Sannce cctv system full HD as advertised?

Hi everyone! i'm new here, please forgive me if this doesn't make sense, but it's hard to explain as it's my first cctv system and i'm still getting used to it. I bought a Sannce [Full 960H] Sannce 4CH DVR CCTV Camera System Surveillance Kit with 4 x 1000TVL Indoor / Outdoor Bullet Cameras + 1000GB Hard Drive Disk (H.264 Realtime Streaming, HDMI/VGA/BNC Output, Easy Mobile Access, Email Alert, Superior 110ft Night Vision, Weatherproof + Vandal-Proof Housing) 42 ir LED, 4.6mm lens. I also bought a full HD 1080 x 1920 monitor. After setting it all up, the daytime picture is really good but not crystal clear, and the IR night time is snowy/fuzzy. When i checked the settings, it appears that the maximum resolution i am getting through the full HD monitor is 1280 x 1024 even if i set the DVR at 1920 x 1080 via a hdmi cable. Also, on the (output adjust - display settings) on the DVR there is no HDMI option only VGA in the dropdown box, although my hdmi cable is connected. I am wondering if the DVR is infact HD as advertised, or have i set it up wrong :/ any help would be greatly appreciated. I do have screenshots but unsure how to upload them...

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/141742519580

Thankyou

Nowhere in that add will you see that the equipment is full HD. That is an analog unit with analog cameras, so the maximum resolution you can record at is 960x576. From my point of view, no, that is not HD; but the fact that it says HD on the title might just mean that the unit comes with hard disk installed.

The unit might be able to output 1920x1080 on the HDMI or VGA ports, who knows.

Hi, thanks for your reply... if it's not full HD as it was supposed to be, then they are falsely advertising :/ i'm still confused though, as all the settings are there in the DVR for 1920 x 1080 i will attach screenshots, i'm totally confused now.

284812_1.png

284812_2.png

284812_3.png

284812_1.jpg

284812_2.jpg

284812_3.jpg

It is a 960H unit, that is, analog. Maximum recording resolution would be 960x576. n fact from your screenshots it seems you might have been given a AHD unit, which might also be able to record at 1280x720, but the cameras that came with the kit are likely analog. The fact that the video output can be 1920x1080 does not mean that it records at 1920x1080.

It doesn't seem false advertising, the specs on the system are pretty well detailed.

You are confusing what resolution the cameras record at and the resolution that the software can output to the monitor. If you watch a 360p video on youtube on your 1080p monitor, it doesn't make the video 1080p. For what you are wanting, you should have gone with an IP system. Live and learn.