Sign in to follow this  
BeSafe1991

Best indoor camera to catch them in the act

Hello,

I'm new to security cameras and am looking for some specifics.

In the past I have been spied on through my house windows by teenagers from my old neighborhood. So I'm interested in an indoor camera that can be attached preferably just above my windows or to the side of my windows. I also need quality, to capture their faces etc, even at night (night vision)

I also need a camera that can be hooked up to my computer aswell as operate wirelessly if I need to.

Lastly I hope you can answer this, but if you could, tell me if there is a way to operate a wireless camera without the use of an internet connection? For example, similar to the way wireless gaming controllers work, where you might have the USB reciever be plugged into the computer while the camera can operate wirelessly from several feet/meters away.

If you could answer my question and help me find a camera as close to what I am looking for as possible I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks

Cameras:

• there are Super HAD CCD TV cameras, and junk:
http://www.mintron.com/HTM/Q&A/Htm/Super%20HAD%20CCD%20camera.htm
The lens is in front of the sensor. Jive junk cast acrylic lens = jive junk distorted image. a good lens is essential for a good image
The lens harvests light. the size of the lens determines how much light the lens can harvest. do not expect Nikon quality from a pinhole lens camera
The sensor is a limiting factor. a funky sensor behind a Nikon lens will give you a funky image. A 1/3" sensor is better than a 1/4" sensor because there is more surface area for the same image.
Don't try to buy a camera and a separate lens to match. you can do a lot of spending for very little matching. if the term C mount is in the mix, it gets much worse.

so, get a camera with a 1/3" Super HAD CCD sensor, with a big light bucket lens, from a retailer you can return it to if it does not work.

tell me if there is a way to operate a wireless camera without the use of an internet connection?

there are four kinds of wireless video:

• self contained wireless IP: compete with other wireless devices for bandwidth, both your own and your neighbors
    IP over a wireless router: compete with other wireless devices for bandwidth, both your own and your neighbors, over a fast 802.n or 802.ac connection.
    analog: one or two cameras, susceptible to interference and interception, fussy
    FM over 900 MHz or 2.4 GHZ: 4 clean quiet channels. 2.4 GHz competes with other wireless devices for bandwidth, both your own and your neighbors. 900 MHz is probably not in use in most places.

Analog and FM require a separate transmitter and antenna per camera, an omnidirectional antenna and one receiver, and a McGyver to set them up.

It will need internet connection one way or another. If there is line of sight, you can try a 2.4 gig wireless link (802.11g) to your pc. A suitable outdoor antenna and 2.4g tx module should be able to carry the video link. Line of site is a must, and a mounting spot for the antennas. A tall building somewhere in between would be ideal. A typical system consists of motion detectors for windows and doors. It also consists of cellular communicators that alert you whenever there is a change in your security system.

For more information, please visit: http://www.sleepwellsecurity.ca/services/residential-alarms/

Hi there

I would like to recommend Alfred a mobile app that turns smartphones into security cameras. (Disclaimer; I am the cofounder of Alfred).

This is how our users set up their security cameras (phones) by the window watching over a yard or a garage. Oh, we have more than 2 million downloads and very positive reviews (rating at 4.4 stars/5)

13001184_710754739027979_2282299029353132334_n.jpg?oh=c78f5a60574bd3d66f5bdc96ce46cbf6&oe=5836DA5F

11430176_602579946512126_7319097205503971668_n.jpg?oh=4df3b99f4228353507ea6d6cb358685f&oe=582AD3CF

11954716_624825860954201_4507681254094700943_n.jpg?oh=85003b86496baf86e71e7eff069a9610&oe=582E3403

It's a free app so I figure...it doesn't hurt to give a try, right? We also offer motion detection, night vision and you can turn on the flashlight on the phone remotely.

-0tAmP3Qe1Y

Build your FREE home security system by downloading Alfred:

Android http://goo.gl/UWviqc

iOS https://appsto.re/be/LwWM5.i

It would be nice if you'd tell me what you think of Alfred after you give us a chance!!

Hello,

I'm new to security cameras and am looking for some specifics.

In the past I have been spied on through my house windows by teenagers from my old neighborhood. So I'm interested in an indoor camera that can be attached preferably just above my windows or to the side of my windows. I also need quality, to capture their faces etc, even at night (night vision)

I also need a camera that can be hooked up to my computer aswell as operate wirelessly if I need to.

Lastly I hope you can answer this, but if you could, tell me if there is a way to operate a wireless camera without the use of an internet connection? For example, similar to the way wireless gaming controllers work, where you might have the USB reciever be plugged into the computer while the camera can operate wirelessly from several feet/meters away.

If you could answer my question and help me find a camera as close to what I am looking for as possible I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks