Sign in to follow this  
Bianco

Swann 1080p System Questions...

Hey guys,

Seeing as the Swann website doesn't provide the specs I'm looking for, neither was their customer service any help.

I came here, hoping for some answers in a system I'm interested in. It's the Swann DVR8-4500 8 Channel 1080p DVR with 8 x PRO-T855 Cameras. Here's a link. www.swann.com/us/swdvk-845008

Question I have... I couldn't find any specs on the lens type these cameras have? Are they 2.8mm?, 3.6mm?, 4.0mm?

Lastly the DVR, does it record in 720p at 30fps? What about 1080p, what frame rate does it record in?

Thanks in advance!

Anthony

it says 90 degree viewing angle. That's pretty wide, so probably 2.8mm lens. 25FPS at 1080p. Personally I'd look into getting an IP system rather than analog.

Hey guys,

Seeing as the Swann website doesn't provide the specs I'm looking for, neither was their customer service any help.I came here, hoping for some answers in a system I'm interested in. It's the Swann DVR8-4500 8 Channel 1080p DVR with 8 x PRO-T855 Cameras. Here's a link. www.swann.com/us/swdvk-845008

Question I have... I couldn't find any specs on the lens type these cameras have? Are they 2.8mm?, 3.6mm?, 4.0mm?

Lastly the DVR, does it record in 720p at 30fps? What about 1080p, what frame rate does it record in?

Thanks in advance!

Anthony

This could be your first clue as to your likely future satisfaction with Swann products

it says 90 degree viewing angle. That's pretty wide, so probably 2.8mm lens. 25FPS at 1080p. Personally I'd look into getting an IP system rather than analog.

thanks!

I was presuming it was a 2.8mm lens but wanted to just confirm. Nothing mentioned about recording in 720p?

Regarding an IP system, currently have an older analog system in place using BNC. Prefer not having to reinstall all new wiring again. Was a PITA the first time around...

This could be your first clue as to your likely future satisfaction with Swann products

One of the first things that crossed my mind after dealing with the CSR. Sent an email yesterday to them, maybe I might have better luck with a straight answer.

Update: In case anyone wanted to know...

I got an answer 2 weeks after sending an email to Swann (great customer service) regarding the specs on the cameras and DVR. The camera lens is 3.6mm. The DVR does record in 720p at 30fps and at 1080p at 25fps. A 1080p camera cannot go down to 720p at 30fps when recording.