Sign in to follow this  
Johnnyvader

New system set up advice

I do not know if this is the correct forum to post this but here goes;

I am looking for a 5 or 6 cameras (outdoors) full system that does not cost me an arm & a leg, to install in my house, I preferr a POE nvr system 8 channels i think it is;

I will need 2 dome type and 1 bullet type with at least 4.8 lens (to cover is 35 distance by 36 feet wide) i think that is the lens required for those, to cover the front entrance and the front of the house.

2 bullet type with at least 8.5 lens (to cover 80 feet distance by 45 feet wide each), once again i think that is the lens.

I will be running cat6 installation for each camera to the nvr station.

Like i saied before, i want POE, good quality recording with good details when you zoom in. System must have the NVR with POE already, i will be running cat6 throughout the house. Appretiate any advice since i know nothing about this, and the more i read the more confusing it gets.

I see most folks talk about Hikvisions for home and small business security.

any advice would be appreciated, thank you.

Thanks for the advice, I am already tired of reading a bunch of stuff,,, which btw confuses the hell out of me more.. lol.. i took your advice and was looking at this deal

http://www.costco.com/Lorex-16-Channel-HD-NVR-with-3TB-HDD%2c-9-1080p-Cameras-with-130'-Night-Vision.product.100282356.html

$500.00 cheaper than amazon and its the same price as the 8ch version of the same there and have 9 instead of 4 cameras.. seems to fit my needs for what I want.. I will go today and see if they have it at the local locations here were I live, 15minutes away from my house that Costco is.. ...