brett14

Camera placement

Right now i have some foscam cams and they suck. keep dying on me terrible interface. i am looking into using hikvision they look really nice. and while im doing all new camera i want to have a decent layout for them.

i have a camera in the covered porch on the back wall facing the 2 front doors. which is ok but it will not get a good face picture. whether thats due to the camera or placement im not sure.it will pick up when cars enter also which i like. the other camera is in the front of the house facing the 2 garage doors. does not pick up the side garage doors.

the red are entrances and my main concerns. not too concerned about windows but would like a pretty decent coverage. maybe one for parking area too. any help would be great

Here is my house

Capture.thumb.PNG.bc91153baa2af22464c3d57a05fb31f9.PNG

Hello Brett,

Getting the right placement for your cameras seems to put many people in a tight spot. Unless placed at the most appropriate place you won’t reap benefit out of it.When I got my house installed with surveillance systems I first drafted a plan on where I am gonna place these cameras.I Checked for vulnerable spots, hidden , obscured spots and appealing windows for the burglars. I guess it is paying off. Today I get the best images possible. Placing cameras at the front door, back door, off street windows, backyard or side gate , Basement stairs are just a few to mention.

If you're looking into IP systems, there is a camera called fisheye cameras, and they can view 180 degrees. That camera would work best for the garage situation that will see the front entrance and also the side entrances.

I have a home camera which is attach with my home. I get some benefits for this cameras. Today I get the best images possible.Please search our site get the use of cameras.

If you're looking into IP systems, there is a camera called fisheye cameras, and they can view 180 degrees. That camera would work best for the garage situation that will see the front entrance and also the side entrances.

Fisheye lens do 360 degrees.