brownstevend

How to mount cameras under eve of house?

Morning everyone,

I'm new to the forum. I'm getting ready to start building a new home and one of my projects is to install home camera security system with 8 or so IP cams.

I'm curious about how to mount these dome style cameras under eve of my home before the fascia goes up? I was thinking about mounting 3" or 4" nail on electrical boxes, but I'm not sure how the cameras will mount to those. Is there an adapter plate? I don't want to mount them to the thin metal fascia and connect the wires.

I bought a couple of the HOSAFE 1.3MP cameras just to see how they worked and mount. Here's a link to the ones I tested, not that I will go with these. http://www.amazon.com/Outdoor-1280x960P-Detection-Working-Software/dp/B00Z09G3NE?ie=UTF8&qid=1465482332&ref_=lp_9266255011_1_7&sr=8-7&srs=9266255011 I've attached a picture of the bottom of the camera, so everyone will know what I'm looking at.

I was going to use a computer with software like iSpy, but just decided after testing that it is probably cost comparative to just buy an entire system. Also, any recommendations on sub $1,200 or so NVR home cam systems would be appreciated as well.

Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated. Pictures would help me as well.

Picture1.thumb.jpg.31afd40942d5c0916883117073456831.jpg

You could make a nice system using this 3MP outdoor dome camera from Geovision.

https://www.amazon.com/Geovision-GV-EVD3100-H-264-Super-Vandal/dp/B019S45A7Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1465879221&sr=8-1&keywords=evd3100

You get free Geovision software with the camera. You really shouldn't have to add anything to mount them. They can be screwed directly into wall or under eave. I use these cameras and love them. And Geovision has good support if you ever needed it.